MotoMaster Eliminator Ultra XD battery?

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
So, I think after 8 years my Optima Yellow Top is on its last legs and Optima is not known to be as good as they used to be for the price they want so looking for alternatives.
I have a call in to Total Battery to see what they recommend around the same price. In the mean time, I did notice that CT has this battery and it isn't horribly priced. Normally I would avoid Motomaster but it has a 5 year replacement warranty with a further 5 year pro-rated on top of that. Also it is supposedly a...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Mlorint

The guys that created odessey left and redesigned it better when they made northstar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Go Northstar, my confidence in Motomaster crap is lacking. My AGM from them didn't make it 12 months.

trixter192

Club Member
I've had a Northstar for 2 years, zero problems. Winched for a solid hour at SF without issue. Broke the winch though.

Last edited:

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Which AgM? The cheaper one is not made by Northstar, the xd is made by Northstar for CT

Cheaper one that is Optima like. If I can get one from the real manufacturer for close to the price, I'm going that route every time. I feel like the quality control on the Motomaster line vs Northstar is going to be different, similar to the different line of gears (depending on what fails in QC determines what brand it is).

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Not always the case though. When I was at New bridge we were relabelling our ATM products (specifically the 36120 MainStreet) for Siemens. Under the hood it was the exact same hardware. It was the feature set that was different. The thing that is swaying me is the warranty. The North star is 4 year replacement and the XD is 5 year replacement with an additional prorated refund/replacement for the next 5 years. If QC was thatbad do you think they would cover it that long?
Calling Total Battery in a couple minutes to see if they have any in stock
Cheaper one that is Optima like. If I can get one from the real manufacturer for close to the price, I'm going that route every time. I feel like the quality control on the Motomaster line vs Northstar is going to be different, similar to the different line of gears (depending on what fails in QC determines what brand it is).

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Well decision was made for me. Only Kanata and Bells Corners were showing and neither had them in stock. Got the one north star at the Nepean Total Battery

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
East Penn batteries just took over the Canadian tire battery contract. They are no longer exide batteries.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member

bradleyfitz

Club Member
I have an odyssey in the jeep and I put the North Star in the boat. Both batteries run great, no issues so far.

I have exchanged so many dead motor master batteries over the last decade, I don't think I would ever buy one (even if it was a rebranded North Star)

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
I have an odyssey in the jeep and I put the North Star in the boat. Both batteries run great, no issues so far.

I have exchanged so many dead motor master batteries over the last decade, I don't think I would ever buy one (even if it was a rebranded North Star)

Ultimately it came down to that, warranty means shit when you are stranded. Hence the acquiring of a used Warn winch when I could buy a chinese one for the same one :)