MTRs

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Anyone have any experience with them? I'm looking at a set for the Zook and wanted to know how they handle the local terrain, how they wear, road manners, etc.

Thanks!

K

kbrousseau

I've had MTR's on my ZJ which I drive daily now for well over a year and they are wearing very well. I don't do to much serious wheeling with it so I can't really say how they work on hard core trails but for what I do they work great and really last for a daily driver.

R

Root Moose

Keith, how do you find the MT/Rs in the winter - conditions like today for instance? When I left the house today most of the roads where polished/compressed snow/ice with lose snow blowing over top.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
I was a firm believer in my 34x9.5 TLS's and the LTB's seem to be also good on th local terrain.

Were you running the 34's on stock axles or was this post-waggy conversion? I'm seriously looking at both the TSLs and the LTB but this truck will also see some pavement time, probably including some snow, and I haven't heard anything good about Swampers and snow.

NO TSL is any good in the winter on the street except the Truxus.

K

kbrousseau

Keith, how do you find the MT/Rs in the winter - conditions like today for instance? When I left the house today most of the roads where polished/compressed snow/ice with lose snow blowing over top.

They are pretty good in snow but the lack of sipping and tread pattern arn't the best on hard packed/glazed snow. They are still way better that the M/T Claws I had on my old 4runner. I still would buy another set though in an instant.:beer:

plumpto

We run 35's on the TJ and love them on the road and in the rocks. Not so great in the mud as most other tires because of the squared off lug. I would buy MTR's if you were using the truckmore on the road than on the trail. If the Zuk will be used only to get to the trails then I would look at a more agressive mud/rock tire. People seem very happy with their Truxus tires minus the road wear. Again if this is going to be a trail truck, daily wear won't be an issue. I was a firm believer in my 34x9.5 TLS's and the LTB's seem to be also good on th local terrain. In the end it depends what you want out of them. The softer stickier tires do well in the roads and the harder road tires will last longer.

Hope it helps!

:smokin:

What he said! (About the MTRs atleast, never ran the TSLs, nor LTBs)