My little YJ

Dr.Phil

Hi guys, i just want to show you my little project.

I've started with a rusty yj and big plans for it.

Chevy drivetrain, 350, th-400, np-205, dana 60, 14b, leafs springs(dakota and ranger), wheelbase of around 103'' and so on.

I've work really hard on it for the last month and now it sit on it's suspension.

Bought this jeep

But i found out that it was rotten everywhere, so bought another tub, made a new...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

D

DoctorPhate

Great work, if you werent so far away I'd offer to come up and give you a hand.

Dr.Phil

thanks guys, i'm working really hard on this thing...

pre-assembly is almost done,

still have to finish the fish plate on the frame, streering box and wiring.

phil

Dr.Phil

Thanks Guys, yes i have put a lot off hours in this thing...

I have a question regarding power streering pump. I'll be running hydro boost and a hydro assist in the futur, and i have Gm 1 ton pump and a Jeep pump, wich one is better?
I like the jeep pump with it's remote reservoir and serpentine set-up.

thanks
phil

Dr.Phil

More work done on the Jeep, the frame is ready to go.

Frame plated

Almost ready to be painted

I've modified my rear shackle hanger to give me more angle on the shackle, to have more down travel and a better ride.

Tomorow, i'll put the engine back in and start on the pluming...

phil

Last edited:

Dr.Phil

Thanks Guys.
And Mud lite, did you mean the pressure hose from the pump to the steering box? I'm running stock gm pump with a hydro boost and a astro box, with the stock hose.

thanks
phil

Dr.Phil

No hydro assist yet, hydro boost for brake.
But i was planning on putting an extension on the reservoir.

thanks
phil

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
wasn't sure if it was a stock system or if it had a remote resevoir. If you are running a stock pump with the hydro assist you may need to add a remote resivoir or what I did was just run an extention on the top of the filler. Best way is to cut the top off an old one, weld on an extension tube , then either weld to existing filler or clamp and seal. The ram may be draining the resivoir and you need the extra capacity to run it correctly.

<hijack>Do you happen to have any pics of that mod? I was talking to others and was told that the stock resevoir would be large enough. </hijack>

Dr.Phil

Thansk Guys, i fix the problem with the power steering...I just add oil, lol.

The plow is almost ready to go on, pics to come.

phil

polo609

This is a really sexy YJ, I would trade my xj for it anytime! I love it, but the plow ruins it i think :p

S

swhytie

Really cant wait to see that monster tackle the hills this summer.....

Dr.Phil

Thanks guys, ya the plow is really ugly, but it does the job real nice, i plow my lane way and a 1km road on the river to my ice shack...can't wait for the summer to take it out in the trails.

cheers
phil

Dr.Phil

Been working a bit on it the last weeks, installed the winch, shroud for the cooling fan, change the master cylinder and orner small thing.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305583247.595181.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305583247.595181.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 60