New guy here.

I

islandboy

Hi all. Names Derick and I own an 04 KJ with 3" lift and 31" mounted Rubi's. Looking forward to meeting some new people and maybe doing some trail runs.

Last edited:
I

islandboy

I installed the spring lift myself in the driveway at home with a crappy tire portable air compressor and my air tools and a borrowed spring compressor.

The original kit was Rusty's springs, bit I just replaced them with OME springs in the front. I would have done it myself again, but I have nowhere to do work on the rig anymore(apt. living).

D

Dirk

Man, I really like Libertys. Can't wait to see how it does offroad.
Welcome.

Last edited:
J

JeepJen

Can't wait to see how it does offroad.
Welcome.
Ditto - I've seen a lot online about modded Libys but have never seen them in action. Looking forward to it.
Welcome!

I

islandboy

Thanks everyone for the welcome aboard. I am kinda curious at what the Libby will do as well. I have taken it through some wheeler trails back in NB, and it did great. I was so far back in the woods on a wheeler trail, that I thought I was going to have to leave it there and hike out. Seriously, I thought I was all done.

Tires are the biggest concern for me now. The AT's just don't cut it for trail traction in mud and wet conditions. A good excuse for some new MT's...:D

I will try to get to a meeting or two and meet some folks.

Cheers

J

JeepJen

The tires aren't all that bad. When I first started wheeling it was with bald street slicks and I made out ok. But I do agree, any excuse for any upgrade :D

I

islandboy

33's won't fit unfortunately. 32's might just squeeze in without tearing my plastics off when they are full stuffed.

I need some 15" Soft 8's for a set of 15 " tires, since they are easier to find than 16" mudders.