New guy.

D

DoctorPhate

My names Jonathan(or Jon) I don't currently own a vehicle that I'm willing to take offroad but I'm trying to find a Jeep Cherokee to wheel with.

Currently I drive a 97 Ford Ranger 4x2 flairside but as I said I'm not willing to wheel with it.

At the moment I'm not living in Ottawa but I just recently acquired a place with my girlfriend in the area and I'm hoping to meet some offroaders in the area and once I find the right vehicle actually do some wheeling too.

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
Welcome to OVO!
There are a few really nice rigs for sale in the vehicles for sale forum.

D

DoctorPhate

Ya, I have been browsing but I think my budget is only like 1200$ max.

Id rather spend less though because I am going to school in Sept. at Ottawa U and thats 5500$/year tuition.

tlowe

For that budget, I wouldn't be looking for a J$$P.........I would be looking for a Suzuki..........:beer:

By the way........Welcome to the club

Trevor

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
For that budget, I wouldn't be looking for a J$$P.........I would be looking for a Suzuki..........:beer:

By the way........Welcome to the club

Trevor

Or a good set of Boots :flipoff:

D

DoctorPhate

Well there are cherokees around for that price. Trouble is right now i just spent a bunch of cash on other stuff like furnature and first/last months rent. So I wouldn't even have the money right now. Ill probably have to save for a month or so before i can get anything. I have missed a couple amazing deals because of this but when i weigh moving in with the girlfriend over a jeep i gotta take the girlfriend.

S

SuziCrazy

Welcome to OVO, we ofetn have spare passenger seats available for locol run, maybe you could tag alone for a ride or two until you find a project

Billygoat

but when i weigh moving in with the girlfriend over a jeep i gotta take the girlfriend.

Kids these days. Getting educated, fiscal responsibility, buying furniture...

Where did society go so wrong?

Oh, and welcome, you respectable bastard.:beer:

D

DoctorPhate

lol i don't know Billygoat. Somwhere along the way my mother went horribly wrong with my lack of drinking/drugs and my moral values and such.

Ya I know you usually don't get much for that money. I paid 1200$ for a YJ that ended up needing a new frame and floor in it. I ended up parting it out. But I have found a few XJs available from guys I know and trust over on JeepKings that are in good shape for the cash. Problem is they are quick sales. You gotta have the cash to catch those deals.

D

Dirk

Welcome to OVO.
As stated before, there are usually spare seats. Come along on a few runs and it may help you decide on a vehicle.

R

Root Moose

Beware of anything you buy at JK if you don't know the guy personally.

Not a fan. Bt/dt.

For your budget I think a Suzuki makes a lot of sense. If you are patient you should be able to find one that is not a total rusted out POS.

D

DoctorPhate

I think ill take Dirk's advice and come along on a couple runs. I will also think about the suzuki Moose. The problem is that has to be girlfriend friendly aswell. Aka not "super ugly", automatic, not too big, not too small and cant be too agressive. Plus Cherokees for some reason have really low insurance. Its only 1200$ for both my girlfriend and i on a 4x4 2dr cherokee

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Welcome!
Something to keep in mind as well is the price of the vehicle may be cheap but if it needs any work that costs money (and time). You may be better off spending a little more that 1200 if it costs you less in parts afterwards

Well there are cherokees around for that price. Trouble is right now i just spent a bunch of cash on other stuff like furnature and first/last months rent. So I wouldn't even have the money right now. Ill probably have to save for a month or so before i can get anything. I have missed a couple amazing deals because of this but when i weigh moving in with the girlfriend over a jeep i gotta take the girlfriend.

D

DoctorPhate

luckily i have a well equiped garage a mechanic step father and i also work at the Canadian tire auto dept. right now so anything requiring a lift i can do there for free. Parts are my only cost and i get a discount on them anyway.

But ya i know, the purchasing cheap comes at a later cost.