New Tire - The SX2!!!

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
Great Tyre!!!! Good Timing!!! Bad sizes!!!

:finger:

Unless someone has cheap 17" wheels !!

:smokin:

Well, the wording is confusing, but my take on it is that the two new SX's will be in those rim sizes (cause nobody is going to put a 42" tire on 15's LOL) and the SX2's will be normal cause that line goes all the way down to 31's and it is not like they will offer 31's without 15" rims...

That's my take on it anyway...

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
It is a hard decission between a 40" SX2 and a 40" Irok. My 38's were 20lbs heavier than the 40" Irok. I would imagine the 40" SX or SX2 to be in the even 100lb range which is 30lb's heavier per corner. Bad Toy run 44"x15" TSL's which are 120lbs each. That's a lot of rubber to spin!!!

Yah, but he never had a problem spinning them and he is running the same motor as you :D Plus it is un-sprung weight, so I don't see it as a bad thing, why did you put water in your tires :flipoff:

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
He has a bit more gearing than I do!! Atlas 4 speed plus 7.17 in the diffs. My driveline is all stock components except for the 5.38's in the diffs. Believe me, I LOVE the SX. I have had mine for almost 10 years now and I can't kill them, just give them a slow death......hehehehehe!!!

Yah, they are awesome :) I carried a spare for the last two years and never needed it once, not going to carry it this year... Will probably need it then!!

Was going to buy 38.5 sx's this spring, now I have to wait to get the SX2 :cool:

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
PICS!!!!

S

SuziCrazy

I'm not impressed by the look of them either..... They look just like the SX with gay mods!

R

Root Moose

LOL

so John, is that the one bulge on the flat spot that still has tread?

:D

(Yep, I'm a b@stard and I'm ok with that.)

S

SWest

re groove

I bought Andy tires might go see you for some re-grooving in the spring! AND WOW!! 400 bucks for a tire you can re-groove a bit and get a few more years out of! NOT BAD!!

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
I'm not impressed by the look of them either..... They look just like the SX with gay mods!

LOL, They are :) Hence why they are called the SX2 :flipoff:

I am more interested in if they changed the compound to make it stickier than the regular SX and what sizes they will come in. 38.5's look like balloons and the old SX never was as tall as advertised. If they come out with a true 39x13.5 I would be all over it!!