Build New to me 2005 WK 4.7

Function > Form

Club Member
Eh it's red. But it's in great shape, 115k on it.

Need some 16" wheels to mount up some 245s - who has some 5x5 that will fit? :)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
What's wrong with red? I like red.

I'd think JK take-offs should be available fairly cheap, at least for 17's.

Function > Form

Club Member
[MENTION=18]YJ_Driver[/MENTION] I should be taking it up to our rural property up an unmaintained road in early May (usually a bit gnarly) to check out the status of the forest and do some chainsawing. And then will probably get out to do some crown camping in late May/early June before the bugs are out. This won't be a trail truck and doubt I'll be lifting it...it's quite nice to drive the way it is.

Haha [MENTION=63]Kunker[/MENTION] to each their own - red is just not my thing. I tend to like black and silver cars. This one had everything other than the colour for me, so it was a no brainer.

Thanks for suggesting the JKs. I'd like to see if I can pick up a set of 16s as they will fit on the earlier WKs like mine, and I already have a set of 245/75/16s so I don't want to lose the cash on them. I got 5 of them for a steal at Christmas and intended to put them on the liberty. That said, I really like the rubi JK wheels.

louie

Jk take offs will fit with spacers, If you get a set with 4.75 back space does look nice.

Function > Form

Club Member
Still not sure what I will do for wheels. Who do folks usually buy steel wheels from locally (@logan I shoulda asked Mike last week) or online?

hey [MENTION=63]Kunker[/MENTION] the red is growing on me.

This thing hauls ass!!!

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
I've bought through Summit before, but based on No Limit's pricing compared to anything I've typically found online, I'd talk to Mike first. The 5% or less difference is worth it to me to support a local business.

Function > Form

Club Member
[MENTION=63]Kunker[/MENTION] - yeah, I love no limits, just picked up a set of weather tech mats front and rear from Mike.
[MENTION=526]Logan[/MENTION] now you're talkin!! Please send me a PM with pricing.

2005 JGC 4.7 Laredo.

Function > Form

Club Member
Went for the first offroad sesh at Darling in the WK - we did from California Rd to the 511. She did ok. The 4wd system is great, minimizes slip, easy to switch back and forth between 4lo and hi. Definitely needs some better suspension now...which I said I wasn't going to do, but my wife actually misses the height of the liberty. What the wife says, the wife gets!!! :D

Function > Form

Club Member
Bilstein 5100s have arrived. OME coils will be ordered soon. Then tires which I am sticking on the stock 17s. ]

I thought 16" steels would fit, but there's not a lot of room over the front calipers. I'll probably get some 265/70s (31.5") or 265/75 (32.5").
[MENTION=557]BuBBaBO[/MENTION] any recommendations or experiences to share? :)

BuBBaBO

Club Member
The WJ came with P225/75R16. When I got the 3" lift installed, I went to a 265/70/R17, which rubbed a bit. I would imagine the WK's have bigger calipers.

Function > Form

Club Member
Hey thanks Mike, I was just checking out your thread and saw that you had an 04 - nice to have that solid axle.

My stock tires are 235/65/17, so only marginally different. I think I will also need spacers now that you mention it.

Function > Form

Club Member
Loving the WK so far. I'm still getting used to it in the snow, and unfortunately, there is no fully-off ESP (stability control) unless you pull a fuse. It's still buckets of fun though. Consistent heat sure is nice.

Haven't lifted it yet and the parts are sitting in the garage. Plus I am waiting to pick up some bigger meats first (sticking with the 17" rims), and probably will only go to a 32. At this time, I'm not planning to do any other mods..........other than a trailer for the libby...which may be next year.

A sled comes first! If anyone is selling an older (late 90s, early 00s) funnish model lmk... MXZ, Mach, etc

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
If it's the tow rig, I'd suggest you may want to reconsider a lift and bigger tires, especially if you are pushing the max rating for towing.

Function > Form

Club Member
Thanks Kunker. I will likely still lift as the suspension is tired - it will only be 1.5". Good point on the tires unless I am re-gearing, which I am not. I will consider stock sized or only slightly larger than stock tires with better tread as it only has Toyo ATs on it now.
Tbh as I don't have a trailer, towing the libby is still up in the air. If I do get one, I should probably seriously consider an aluminum one to keep weight down or get a truck which would be better suited for the weight.