New to OVO and to wheeling

C

Canriot

Hello everyone!
I am getting more and more into offroading. I used to play around when I had a truck and have had to switch to a family friendly Patriot 4x4. After a few adventurous camping trips and talking to Jeep reps; I am having fun with it. I can handle stock friendly trails and have found myself in some much more serious terain. I have decided that I would like to take my patriot offroad regularly which meant small mods AND needing to find people who are familiar with Ottawa trails...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Welcome to OVO, and as mentioned on FB, come on out to the monthly meeting, last Thursday of the month, at the Royal Oak on Centrepointe.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Off the top of my head I think the trails you should be keeping an eye out for are:
Burntlands/Dwyer Hill (although way too stock (the former is just a glorified field and the latter is not worth changing fluids for due to deep water in spots)
Carp (I was mulling about doing a sanctioned run (I swear I was!!) and then broke my foot)
Gorge
Lavant (a bit more advanced but you might be ok).

Last edited:

Function > Form

Club Member
Hey canriot - welcome again. You could definitely also do Darling hydrolines which is pretty mild (much more mild than Gorge imho) - lots of bypasses and lots of opportunity for other exploring in that area. Ryan (@ROUGHcrawl) just took a run up near Griffith too which he said was 'stock' friendly, so you might be ok there too.

I know you have 30" KO2s but I've heard that you might be able to fit some 31s under there......... :D