No Notifications.....

DannyL

Not sure if this is the place, but I don't get my notifications EVER! I've looked over my info and everything seems to be fine.

I'm missing some PM's and I don't want people to think I'm ignoring them, nothing could be further from the truth.

Help me?

Moderators are??????

Thx
Danny

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
You are correct, the notifications when you log in does seem to be "broken" for everybody, I had mentioned this in the fall, have any of you web gurus checked for a master switch? I do not know anything about web pages just wondering.

dj

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
Moderators are??????

Terry, Adrian, Tim (O.D.), possibly Brad should be able to look into this.

Danny, are you taking about notifications once you log in or are you referring to notices in you email? I simply look in the upper right corner every time I log in and it will tell me how many new pm I have. Is there suposed to be something more than this?

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
Yeah there used to be a pop up, I used to always just check my pm box as soon as I logged in but now I am trying to remember to look for the notifications in the upper right.

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Yeah there used to be a pop up, I used to always just check my pm box as soon as I logged in but now I am trying to remember to look for the notifications in the upper right.

It's an option in your settings. Is it disabled or not working? Maybe it was unchecked by default with the new forum software

O.D.

Club Member
No, it did stop working on here... Not sure why but i saw it as well on other boards running the same platform. In all honesty, i have not researched it as of yet. I presume you are talking about the notification while logged onto the site? This is what i no longer get. I do however still get the email telling me that there's a new PM though.

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
No, it did stop working on here... Not sure why but i saw it as well on other boards running the same platform. In all honesty, i have not researched it as of yet. I presume you are talking about the notification while logged onto the site? This is what i no longer get. I do however still get the email telling me that there's a new PM though.

Correct the one that pops up as soon as you log in but I do still get my email, it was just a nice feature and it seemed it stopped working for everybody at the same time so I am assuming it is a global option turned off.

dj

O.D.

Club Member
I think it's more a bug associated to a patch update. It's been that way for some time if i recall. I haven't personally changed a single setting so...... Unless one of the others did?

ToyTaco

DannyL I have sent you pms over the last few weeks with no response I thought I pissed you off or something. I need some stuff from you and wanted to give you my business, with no replies I started a order from trailgear.ca but i didn`t really need a 1000 dollars worth of stuff but close and didnt want to buy anything that wasn`t needed right away. I was actually confussed and alittle pissed off but now i know you weren`t receiving PMS it all makes sense. i`ll give you a shout in the am (like i should have done from the start), that is if you still want to do business? lol

Last edited:

DannyL

No sweat. Like on other forums, I'm used to getting e-mail notification that I have either a new PM or someone has added a post to a thread I've posted on. I'm not sure if there is a notification for the second part but there surely must be for the PM's. I'm not trying to be bitchy, I just don't come here all the time like you regulars and would hate people think i'm pissed off at them.

As a side note, I can't be mad at people for buying elsewhere. Everyone has the choice to purchase from whoever and wherever they want. I for one am a picky customer and really love good service.
Contrary to, I believe most people, I will say something owner/manager/whoever if I don't receive it. You can't improve as a retailer, if the customer I pissed off just walked away and went elsewhere.
If I'm not wrong, the percentage of people that tell the company they had bad service is around 3%. Pretty sad when I'm sure you had more than 3% bad service.

That being said, in the past PJF4x4 has some "issues" delivering merchandise in a timely fashion.
Since my bro and I have taken over PJF4x4 we have made this one of our main issues to resolve.
I'm not promising miracles, but we are making big steps!!

Any-who I'll add a signature with my info and a link with my e-mail to make sure people contact that way.

Thx
Danny
PJF4x4

O.D.

Club Member
Danny,

Somewhere in your settings you should be able to set that you instant email notification upon reply to a thread you've subscribed to (By default any you post to is included in this) or if you get a PM..
Check the email addy you have associated to the account and make sure it is correct. Check your spam folders.. I know this part works (Getting the notices all throughout tonight... It's the pop up notification that is currently not working whereby you are notified that you have a PM.

DannyL

danny,

somewhere in your settings you should be able to set that you instant email notification upon reply to a thread you've subscribed to (by default any you post to is included in this) or if you get a pm..
Check the email addy you have associated to the account and make sure it is correct. Check your spam folders.. I know this part works (getting the notices all throughout tonight... It's the pop up notification that is currently not working whereby you are notified that you have a pm.

Lord i'm cured, i got a notification !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!