Nutter noobie

L

lowlife

New guy here from the great white north (Pembroke) , never new there was a local offroad club in the area until I saw an old add for a run you guys were putting on last summer I believe . Just found this forum looking for warn info and followed a bunch of links to here :cool:
Seen alot of Zuks and other smaller trucks (Jeeps , Toys etc...) and only ONE fullsize Chevy :banghead: Hope you guys don't give the fullsize boys a hard time and leave them stuck with the doors jammed between 2 trees...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

L

lowlife

Welcome to the forum!
At least it isn't a Subaru Forester. :D

Or a CRV :eek:........
Truck has lots of earned pinstiping and I've found out that toilet plungers work great for popping doors back into shape ! :lmao:
Fitting it between trees hasn't been a problem yet ...............especially if you don't mind running some of the smaller trees over or spreading them apart a little :smokin:
Thanks for the welcome guys

D

DoctorPhate

Or a CRV :eek:........
Truck has lots of earned pinstiping and I've found out that toilet plungers work great for popping doors back into shape ! :lmao:
Fitting it between trees hasn't been a problem yet ...............especially if you don't mind running some of the smaller trees over or spreading them apart a little :smokin:
Thanks for the welcome guys

Not exactly tread lightly man. Welcome but if you go wheeling with me I'd suggest you don't run over the smaller trees over.

L

lowlife

No need to worry DoctorPhate , we practice tread lightly , clean up trails when we find garbage (usually pack out more than we brought) and take better care of the land we use than most other people who use it . Just recalling an incident my buddy won't let me live down . I was following him up a trail in his TJ one day , he suggested my fullsize wouldn't fit around a corner it had been around before . Up a tight hill , 90 degree turn at the top on a mild slope with a big pine at the corner . It had rained heavily and gotten really wet at this corner , the ass end started sliding into the big pine , I gunned it to avoid the tree , ended up just sliding off it with my door , stopping just short of the shumacks . Had to use the TJ to pull me sideways away from said pine and shumack . Still never here the end of this from him and how his TJ got me out of a predicament . This is also how I found out plungers are good at popping dents .:eek:

szabotage

Not exactly tread lightly man. Welcome but if you go wheeling with me I'd suggest you don't run over the smaller trees over.

don't feel too bad bout some smaller trees, as long it's necessary, lowlife. trails need regular maintenance. if we didn't down any trees, we wouldn't have any trails! what pisses me off is seeing a 200 year old white pine down on a trail because it was in the way.

as a rule of personal thumb, I never cut any tree or shrub that's bigger than what my 14" bowsaw can handle (less than 3" dia.)

D

DoctorPhate

I think if its 3 inches in diameter its been there long enough to stay there forever. I'll knock over saplings or a small bush... for me nothing over 1 MAYBE 2 inches at most gets knocked over.

I don't think its right. We are already desperately in need of trees to clean our air, las thing we need to do is knock them over simply because they are in our way.