Operation TJ cheap tons

J

JPcornwall

With a budget of $4000, some free scrap steel a 4 1/2 inch angle grinder, welder and a back yard mud hole to work in, this is what I managed to accomplish.
Jeep TJ stretched 10 inches on 39s with a welded hp dana 60 up front and sterling 10.25 rear, 4.10 gears, 4340 axle shafts. Custom axle trusses and long arm suspension including single radius arm up front and triangulated 3 link rear with out-boarded shocks. Np231 slip yoke eliminator, custom drive shafts, custom steering linkage, 1/2...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Attachments

• IMG_2168.JPG
    IMG_2168.JPG
    921.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2169.JPG
    IMG_2169.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2171.JPG
    IMG_2171.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2172.JPG
    IMG_2172.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

trixter192

Club Member
There's a TJ and a YJ at Kenny U Pull if you need some cheap parts. I snapped a few pictures if you would like to know whats left of them pm me. I was Born and raised in Cornwall, any good trails up there?

trixter192

Club Member
Hahah, I like the end of the steep climb video. "fuck, ow". Let me know if you guys would like someone else to come with. I need a reason to visit the parental units anyways.

J

JPcornwall

My buddy got hit in the chest by a rock the size of a golf ball, I laughed my ass off too! Might go out this weekend. I'll let you know in the next couple of days.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Planning on regearing? What tire size you going to do?
Just at Kenney's today and a lot of the chrysler stuff is gone. Last time I was there was a bunch of GCs 4 cherokees and the really old YJ now there is just 2 cherokees. The other stuff is half of what was there before.

J

JPcornwall

Im not regearing the axles, maybe a doubler later on. the 4.10s work ok with my 39 inch tires.

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
yikes, looks like you're welding right through the rust and crap on the axle!!!!!! are you not worried about the penetration and porosity of the welds?

J

JPcornwall

Those are just tack welds, before I welded it solid I cleaned it up good with a die grinder.

yikes, looks like you're welding right through the rust and crap on the axle!!!!!! are you not worried about the penetration and porosity of the welds?

J

JPcornwall

Any one ever tried to make their own doubler housing with 231 or 241 planetaries? I found this write up a couple weeks ago, there is a couple things I would change like the bolts going through the housing, but its seems like a good alternative to the box4rocks just requires more work.

http://clanbryce.ca/?page_id=144