Petawawa Civic Center Days Tough Truck

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Moving this to public!

I've had another meeting with Colin (parks and recreation for the Town of Petawawa) and the Petawawa Civic Center Days Tough Truck event is a go for this year! The town is extremely excited about this and H&H construction is fully on board to supply the materials and equipment in order to build the course. Also, there is ALOT of interest from many other businesses in town.

So, here's the low down...

Petawawa Civic Center Days will host a tough truck 4x4 event on...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Garrett

Im getting excited the more i hear about this. It will be a nice change from north augusta

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
For sure - plus with ribfest next door (and the midway for the kids) it will be a fun event! I imagine there will be quite a large spectator crowd too.

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
That is correct - the space is somewhat limited in size, it's the "pit" area that the derby guys used for camping and prepping their cars. The town is GTG and will fence off the camping area for us.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Keep me in the loop on the volunteer front. I probably won't have the CJ running by then but would like to help out with the event.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
sounds good! what are your timelines for the CJ?

That depends on Joshua (we adopted a newborn in January) and when I can get back in the shop. Really just needs the engine dropped in, fuel system plumbed and wiring, but I don’t think I'll get to it until later this year.

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Congratulations! yup I've got all that to do in the near future too - are you going with an aftermarket harness or cutting down a stock one?

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Congratulations! yup I've got all that to do in the near future too - are you going with an aftermarket harness or cutting down a stock one?

Cut down stock one - it's with Wayne @ 150tunes.com. In hindsight I probably would have gone the Holley route and learned how to tune it myself, but I already had the complete harness and ecm. Seriously thinking about doing that with the old SBC just to tinker with.

louie

This sounds like a good time shaping up, its been a while since ive been camping, maybe this will be the year lol

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Poster, we'll be starting to build the course in two weeks. The town will be putting up these posters all around the area - registration forms and waiver are almost done. I was down two weeks ago at the H&H compound and picked out rock, boulders and concrete culverts.

Attachments

• civic days.JPG
    civic days.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 42

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
so here's an update...

National 4wd will be sponsoring the trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for each class! TMR Customs will sponsor some prizes as well!

Driver registration gets started at 10, a quick run down of the rules and we'll start the stock class. The course will be short so I am aiming to get everyone through in a timely manner. Once stock is done we'll move to modified and end the day with super modified. I am hoping to be wrapped up by 5:00 with awards handed out and everyone happy. Simultaneously to the obstacle course we'll run the mud pit.

Registration is $20 per rig, the lowest score will win 50% of their classes pot, 2nd wins 35% and 3rd wins 15% or their money back whichever is bigger.

For the mud pit registration $5 for stock and $10 for all modified trucks. The fastest time though the mud wins 100% of their classes registration pot.

Burger

Club Member
This event sounds awesome! I'm in for helping out if u need a hand. Will def be competing as well

Jimbog

Club Member
Me and Wendell are going to go up to this. Are we able to come up the night before and camp on site? Bringing the camper and the 2 buggies.