Project: 2013 JK Unlimited Rubicon-From the mall to the trail!

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Thanks to Matt, it now sits level.

Thanks to Tim, it now stops.

And thanks to Adrian the 35's no longer rub the sliders!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
So now the full story....

Since last year I have been running a Rough Country budget boost/leveling kit. With the winch on the bumper, that negated the leveling kit and I've hated the look ever since. And running the stock 32's with the lift was just ugly looking. So, enter JKS ACOS to adjust the ride height, and 35" BFG KO2's to fill the wheel openings.

While having the 35's installed I had Mitko check the brakes and the rear's were done. By the end of the clearing run it was metal to metal contact and sounding horrible. Enter Logan.....through Logan & No Limits Auto Parts I ordered up some Hawk LTS brake pads and Brenmen? rotors. Got them all installed (thanks @CaptainFitz) only to find I had a seized rear caliper. New day, new emergency! LoL Got that all straightened out Friday night (thanks again @aweber & @CaptainFitz).
Saturday it was off to see @chunkytrunks to install the ACOS. Install went pretty easy, just with a couple of bumps in the road. At the same time @aweber cut down the sliders as the 35's were rubbing ever so slightly on the end caps.

So, in the end, the mall crawler sits level, has the 35's, and can stop again. Job well done! LoL

Last edited:

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Being a Rubi with 4.10's, not at all. Hwy mileage actually improved as it isn't revving so high.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
When I had my 33's with 3.07 I didn't notice the mileage change from bad to worse either :) Once I regeared to 4.11 and especially 4.56 I did find the TJ got better mileage than the Liberty.
I did hate having to downshift on the smallest increase in angle. I think having an auto a lot of the power suckage is hidden by the transmission but even then 4.10s would work with it as well.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
How do you like the new bfg's?
I've only had them on for a little over a week now, but here are my thoughts. On the highway they are smooth and quiet, much nicer ride then the stock 32" KM's. Offroad, the once it has been out, they lack the traction of a KM, but suffice for the amount of offroad the rig actually see's. I've got the lockers and the winch to (hopefully) get me out of any sticky situations that may arise.

Conestoga

I've only had them on for a little over a week now, but here are my thoughts. On the highway they are smooth and quiet, much nicer ride then the stock 32" KM's. Offroad, the once it has been out, they lack the traction of a KM, but suffice for the amount of offroad the rig actually see's. I've got the lockers and the winch to (hopefully) get me out of any sticky situations that may arise.

Thanks, they sound similar to the old design then. I'm thinking about getting a set for my daily which doesn't need anything super aggressive. Looking for a nice all terrain that handles the hwy and bush trail/field when hunting