Project - 2Cool4School

D

Dirk

Will be picking at this for parts:

Last edited:
G

Grumpy

Dirk, good luck with this build, I'll be checking in from time to time to see how it is coming along, I am happy to hear you will be powering it with an IH powerplant, I'm a huge IH fan.....I had looked at a 96 or so Low Pro 14' tilting flat deck 5speed with juice brakes prior to purchasing my lemon of a '99 Chev 3500HD dump truck........god I wish I had have bought the IH.......a little rougher ride but plentyful parts and I think cheaper purchase price, I'd still have it on the go today!!

D

Dirk

Donor truck, the first one I posted, delivered today. Can't wait to see it in person.
Thanks to Tim & Joanne for taking care of the transaction in my absence. :beer:

D

Dirk

Picked these up today after work.

Leather air ride seats, 180 degree swivel, from a 2000 IH Eagle.

More parts coming off it tomorrow.

Last edited:
D

Dirk

Spent a few more hours pulling parts.

Seat belts, 12V fluorescent lamp, tripod fender mirrors, chrome exhaust stack covers, telescopic tilting steering column with intermediate shaft, chrome backup lights with brackets, a few grab handles and chrome air cleaners.

Next are battery box, air tanks and some massive fuel tanks.

That's for another day when I feel like dragging the torches out.

D

Dirk

Finally got to see the donor truck I bought.

Didn't realize I took such a shitty pick.
Dog house won't be too big with the DT466.

And the 10speed ends up being a RT-6613. 13 speed....

Unfortunately not an overdrive.

Batteries were done. Installed a fresh pair, rolled over a few times and fired right up. 140,000km on the clock. Rock solid idle, not smoke...:)

Bad news...the primary air tank sprung a leak as soon as it built pressure, and the cab is so rotten that that I can't get the clutch to disengage.

Anyone long for a plow?

Also got the bus moved, ready to get some work started once I am back. Thx Dwayne, Rick and Shawn.

Last edited:
D

Dirk

Back in Ottawa on Jan 4th. Staying a few days so I can attend the OVO social.

D

Dirk

After much thought I have decided to give up on this build...:(
Its just too much to do when its 4000km from where I am and I only get "home" about twice a year.
I am about $4000 into the whole thing, if anyone is interested, make me an offer.