Project Minivan

D

DoctorPhate

At the moment all I want is 2 inches lift, skid plates, replaced rockers and 31s. Thats good enough for me. Possibly an Air locker for the rear. Everything else is down the road and over time.

Well said indeed mud lite.

R

Root Moose

High pinion Dana 30 and a ChryCo 8.25 or Dana 44 is plenty big for an XJ on 33s.

Don't spend big money on axles until you've decided whether you are staying with this hobby or not and how you plan to participate.

D

DoctorPhate

I know I'm staying with this hobby. I was hooked the moment I hit the B&D trail with my buddy in his Kia Sportage lol. Especially after sunday. It was so much fun wheeling but stressful without any kind of armor to protect the essentials.

I'm keeping my D30 for now and running 31s until maybe next year. When I do go up to 33s I'll probably upgrade the shafts on the D30 but thats about it. If I go to 35s thats when I'll start thinking about new axles.

For now, I want to gradually build up the jeep.

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
I ran my old tj hard with my d30 locked and that was the best upgrade i did. 31"s and a locker is a very capable truck. I got my Aussie locker for under $300 and it took Dirk and myself no time to install.

D

DoctorPhate

I may pick up a locker in the spring. We shall see. If I do it will be an air locker.

D

DoctorPhate

Might want to fix that lol. You could have some problems if you make a claim and get an adjuster thats alittle on the hard ass side.

bzzr2

you should probably just quit wasting yours and everybody elses time on these posts. just buy my IFS tracker, you love IFS. i drove through lavant with my eyes nearly closed 2 weeks ago.

D

DoctorPhate

lol. IFS is for sedans my friend.

speaking of which, I'm looking at a DD Impala right now so I wont be afraid to beat the crap out of my cherokee next time lol

louie

you should probably just quit wasting yours and everybody elses time on these posts. just buy my IFS tracker, you love IFS. i drove through lavant with my eyes nearly closed 2 weeks ago.

And your GF screamin her but off at times!!! :lmao:

D

DoctorPhate

Those of you who went to lavant with me and saw me tippy toe my way around know that i ripped off my muffler on the trail.

Well I did some research and decided to get a Cherry bomb glass pack. I was worried about it sounding ricey like uhh..*cough* Matt's *cough* but from the videos I saw on youtube it sounds pretty decent. I figure this way if i break it again its what? 30$ to replace lol.

Should be doing that this week some time.

louie

I have got to hear what this sounds like was thinkin bout it but stayed away cause it was a cheery bomb!!!!

louie

sorry thought you were the tracker at lavant last month!!!

flowmaster sounds a bit better, not so ricey!!!

Last edited:

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
I run a flowmaster 50 series on my truck. Love the sound. Also run 2 60 series on my prelude...

D

DoctorPhate

This isn't ricey either. Sounds pretty good on the videos