Project "Skeleton"

tlowe

So as most know I traded my 97 TJ last year for a sammy based buggy, well as soon as my girls saw it they named it "Skeleton". So that is what I will call it........:smokin:

So here are some pics of what it looked like when I got it.........

When it came to parts it had pretty much the norm for sammies......Toy axles, 6.5:1 TC gears, Hydro assist steering , 36in Irocs on beadlocks. So not realy much to upgrade right away.

Plus I didn't want to get into anything that would prevent me from...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

tlowe

Ok so now that I have figured out how to re-size pictures and add them to a post I can add some updates......

Like I said in my first post, I decided to tackle the inside of my buggy this year.....

The interior was horrible, but it wasn't to my liking and I wanted to change it......Here are some pics of what it looked like before

The seats

The ammo box console

The diamond plate dash

The weird folding steering wheel

The gauge and switch panel

and the skull shifter knob with eyes that light up

And some with everything removed.....

tlowe

Ok so now some of the new stuff to replace what was removed.........:D

Some Twisted Stitch Apex suspension seats.......

Crow 2 in 5 point safety restraint systems.......

A new dash from http://www.zuksoffroad.net/......

A new Grant steering wheel.......

A custom gauge panel using the gauges that were in the old dash......

And a custom switch panel with ign/start/winch controls for both frt and rear as well as switches for lights and cb and aux and LED lights........

Later I will post some pics of some of these things mocked up and installed. I still have some tube to add to the cage as well as some wiring to do and a few other things.......

Trevor :beer:

tlowe

I built the panel my self with parts from Princess Auto and Gervais Electronics......All in all about $50-60 when it was done..........I will have to add some relays but that was expected.........

Trevor

tlowe

Thanks for the comments guys.........Ya the seats are really nice....I couldn't get the rake I wanted because of space constraints and wanting to make sure that they were attached to the cage and not the body......Not a whole lot of room in a samurai.........

I also will have to look at changing the rear bar so that I can have the harnesses at the right location but that will have to wait for a bit........

More updates to come soon........I have the frame and tabs all welded in for the seats and harnesses. Next is paint and wiring and then WHEELING!!!!!!!:)

Trevor