Nice work! I did no work on my truck yesterday, nor did I clean my garage, nor did I go snowmobiling. Instead I helped a neighbor who was in dire straits as his 2000 lb ice shack had fallen through the river. So 4.5 hours later with the Rubi being chained to a tree for the whole time and and at one point 250+ feet of cable, chain, straps we got it out. Oh right after it didn't just flip onto the ice on it's back but instead ended up bobbing on the bottom in 6' of water, then we did manage to get it on the ice - on it's room, a bit of pulling away from the hole, flip it on it's side and and then onto it's wheels. Then we stood in it with a propane heater cranked up and drank beer. I wish I would of been working on my truck instead :beer:
I put the front axle underneath the rig today and connected everything. I also built the hydro lines and got them fitted as well as welding in the orbital mount on the frame and getting the orbital connected to the shaft. I checked my clearances at full bump and it's tight but at this point it looks good.
Thanks! Just want to be ready for when the snow melts!
As I mentioned previous I built the lines from orbital to ram as well as rebuilt the cooler lines, that's where I had to stop as the high pressure side of the output on the pump is a T lock style fitting that utilized a stock high pressure line. As I am converting everything over to AN -6 fittings and new HP line I need a 5/8's to AN -6 adapter that I ordered from polyperformance last night (hopefully here in the next week), then it's a matter of filling with fluid and burping the system.
Didn't post this up but before I got on the front steering I started mocking up the exhaust after tubing the rear. I'm short a few pieces of tubing so I expect to fab up the new exhaust this weekend.
It is, with the suspension being redone this winter I thought I would need to do a lot of tuning this spring but I had it out Sunday and although I needed to do some minor adjustments (was abit too stiff) it performed very well and was very stable. I'll have to break those front shocks in as well as the tires to soften them up but i'll leave that to this weekend.
Well it was a great weekend event at ACME ORV, we beat our rigs and had a ton of fun doing it. season isn't over yet - before the big tear down for a fire breathing drivetrain swap this winter there is still a ton of weekends yet to go - so this week/weekend is dedicated to some much needed maintenance!