Build Project - SS Cherokee

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
oh ya, i bent one of my rear links fairly baddly too. it'll do the rest of the season but i'll be rebuilding the two rear bottom links this winter - i'll be building them like George (blueAngel) did with his with bigger diameter tube and 1/4" angle as reinforcing skid material.

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
So i'll be re installing my drive shafts by thursday - after a shake down i'll be ready for wheels a churnin in 2 weeks. So here are a couple of pics of the break...

GOPR0203800x600.jpg

GOPR0203.jpg

bradleyfitz

Club Member
oh ya, i bent one of my rear links fairly baddly too. it'll do the rest of the season but i'll be rebuilding the two rear bottom links this winter - i'll be building them like George (blueAngel) did with his with bigger diameter tube and 1/4" angle as reinforcing skid material.

FYI I believe at least one of George's lowers bent, even with the reinforcement. Granted, you are lighter, I presume

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
So i've done a few small changes these last couple of months and thought i'd post.
I "doved" the rear by about 2.5 inches each side, tucked the front tube a little closer to the body and finally I re-built the a pillar roof bar for a simple "angry eyebrow" look and of course tossed the bikini top back on...

I re-attached the new rear driveshaft and will install the front tomorrow - almost ready for Wheels a Churnin...

DSCF3472.jpg

DSCF3474.jpg

DSCF3477.jpg

DSCF3482.jpg

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Had JP stop by tonight, we relocated the hydro ram mount due to some clearance issues and to get it ready for wheels a churnin!

DSCF3484.jpg

V

valley dad

haha I bet the neighboours love to hear the grinder at night .lol

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
That was at 730 and was only 10 minutes of grinding, but im sure they understand, almost everyone has some sort of prject in their garage around here!

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
So, we just got back from Rausch Creek and had a blast again! a few pics to come. All of us that went came home with a little "carnage"...

Dwayne = broken locker/twisted RCV splines and ripped off a high steer arm.
JP = ripped off the spring/trackbar/ram mount off the front axle.
Justin = destroyed an airshock and broke a rear cromo axle shaft.
Al = broken front driveshaft

and finally me, nothing broken but i managed to crush the exhaust pipe flat so i cut it off about midway for that straight pipe sound and had a run in with a boulder that caused my mech fan to get a bit close to the frame, once it self clearance it was good to go. I think all of our rigs where telling us it was time for winter maintnance! I've got plans for this winter that i'll list later to fix some things that i wasn't completely happy with, she was definately driven hard this year and i'm looking forward to next year!

Cochise

So, we just got back from Rausch Creek and had a blast again! a few pics to come. All of us that went came home with a little "carnage"...

Dwayne = broken locker/twisted RCV splines and ripped off a high steer arm.
JP = ripped off the spring/trackbar/ram mount off the front axle.
Justin = destroyed an airshock and broke a rear cromo axle shaft.
Al = broken front driveshaft

and finally me, nothing broken but i managed to crush the exhaust pipe flat so i cut it off about midway for that straight pipe sound and had a run in with a boulder that caused my mech fan to get a bit close to the frame, once it self clearance it was good to go. I think all of our rigs where telling us it was time for winter maintnance! I've got plans for this winter that i'll list later to fix some things that i wasn't completely happy with, she was definately driven hard this year and i'm looking forward to next year!

Cool. Thanks for the report. Sounds like you guys "brought it".

Like you, I wheeled my rig harder than ever this year (for what it is), and this winter there will be a long list of upgrades applied (and fixes).

:beer:

V

valley dad

awesome , always nice to hear when guys come back with a good experience

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
brrrrrr, sounds cold :)

hey Dwayne, did you ever transfer that picture of me to computer on the comp course?