Build Project - SS Cherokee

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
no, there was a picture that Justin got of me on the comp course in Rausch that had me almost vertical and enough room under my front tire for Al to walk right under! i was able to inch my way up and it settled back down - i was glad i was strapped in!

Impact

Get a quote from TMR... You'll be surprised with the price... Once you add coilovers, springs, blah blah blah... It's equal to ORI's ;)

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Get a quote from TMR... You'll be surprised with the price... Once you add coilovers, springs, blah blah blah... It's equal to ORI's ;)

hmmm, now that i look into it you are on to something there, ORI's are internally bumpstopped vise coils which would then require seperate bumpstops which add to the price of the setup - i need to research more.

I wasn't 100% happy with the front spring set up and know that a setup like this offers better packaging and tunability, i will be tubing the front end abit more to brace it up (thanks big boulder at Rausch creek) and removing the last of the sheetmetal so it made sense (to me) to go full in and change the suspension.

Impact

14" ORI $745 (quoted on Friday)... Coilover $500+Springs+Sway bar+Bump stops+Limiting straps...

To be honest I'm considering them for my front...

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
14" ORI $745 (quoted on Friday)... Coilover $500+Springs+Sway bar+Bump stops+Limiting straps...

To be honest I'm considering them for my front...

I want to say that they still recommend limiting straps for the ORI's, but you do save on the bump cans and sway bar. The only downside is it's still an air shock if you're looking to go fast. For a trail rig, though, they seem to be an unbeatable package.

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Stripped out the interior in anticipation of the boatsides...

DSCF3487.jpg

DSCF3486.jpg

then cut out the sheet metal crossmember as it was badly smashed after RC and rebuilt it using tube...

DSCF3489.jpg

DSCF3491.jpg

DSCF3492.jpg

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
this weekend i also started on the boatsides, cut off the sliders from the body and cage...

DSCF3493.jpg

cut away rocker...

DSCF3494.jpg

DSCF3495.jpg

put the 2x4 in place - went with 3/16 wall (.088)...

DSCF3496.jpg

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
then tied it all together and placed supports to the frame...

DSCF3498.jpg

DSCF3497.jpg

i fitted the doors back on it, had to install a lower hinge bracket and a door latch but it all works, i have a few things to finish but i'll get to it later so i started the other side.

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
you know it! i'll probably get back to this on saturday - gunna build those new rear links, plus gotta help keep the site going - i can almost hear crickets chirping when i come on the forum lately.

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Hi Dwayne! how was the holiday? worked on the pass side and finished up the new rear lower links. one each side is done i'll start skinning them then start on the seat mounts.