Build Project - SS Cherokee

Jimbog

Club Member
Those shocks are sweet! I was looking at them on the weekend at TMR'S open house in Toronto. Might have to upgrade!

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Thanks Jim, looking forward to checking out yours in person with the new axles. Those ORI's are like jewelry! they look even better installed in the rig - set-up was easy (fine tuning to be done at SF) and they seem to work really well so far.

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Ended up breaking my front driveshaft at WAC while on the barrel on the first day. I ended up dropping it off at Ottawa driveshaft to get fixed up as I basically destroyed the double cardan joint, she'll be ready to go at the end of the month once i'm back from Montreal.

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Got the driveshaft back from Ottawa Driveshaft, they did a great job and I would highly recommend them.

B

billygoatoffroad

we use Ottawa Driveshaft exclusively. great prices, and they know their stuff.

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
yea they are great.... just wasn't able to balance mine at 5000 rpm's.
Sorry for the hijack Marek but I am still pissed up.

junkpile

"Pissed up" does that mean drunk or angry? 😜 Either way 5000rpm's seams quite high for sustained driveshaft speeds. What was this shaft for?

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
"Pissed up" does that mean drunk or angry? �� Either way 5000rpm's seams quite high for sustained driveshaft speeds. What was this shaft for?
angry. And 5000 rpm's is what my vehicle manufacturer requirement is.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
"Pissed up" does that mean drunk or angry? �� Either way 5000rpm's seams quite high for sustained driveshaft speeds. What was this shaft for?

5000rpm doesn't seem that high. Consider that it will be traveling at more than engine RPM in overdrive, and equal to RPM in 1:1 if a non-OD trans. Assume a 0.7 final OD, that's 3500 RPM at the crank.

junkpile

My point was just that for ontario hwys it seemed a little high for "sustained" rpms. Maybe on the autobahn, or flogging a Samurai down the 417 at 130km/hr, or if you're running 5.13's on 31"s, etc.....
Was your shaft too long for them to balance at that rpm?
Seems odd that a DS shop can't balance to a manufacturers spec rpm.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
My point was just that for ontario hwys it seemed a little high for "sustained" rpms. Maybe on the autobahn, or flogging a Samurai down the 417 at 130km/hr, or if you're running 5.13's on 31"s, etc.....
Was your shaft too long for them to balance at that rpm?
Seems odd that a DS shop can't balance to a manufacturers spec rpm.

Consider that Mitko drives MB's - they were indeed designed to go flying down the autobahn, so that would be "in spec" :)

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
hurray!

Our newest daughter arrived this morning! Madelyn Janis Smid was born 7 lbs 14 ounces and her and Mom are doing great! :D