Build Project - SS Cherokee

Impact

Looking good! Lily and I are gonna have to stop by for a visit and check her out :)

Have you decided 100% what your doing with the front axle and steering?

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Looking good! Lily and I are gonna have to stop by for a visit and check her out :)

Have you decided 100% what your doing with the front axle and steering?

anytime! We're headed to Rausch Creek this weekend though so I won't be around. I am going to re-use my PSC pump, reservoir and cooler as I am certain it'll work. Full hydro ram kit i'll pick up this winter and I will doing what Dwayne did and pick up an ARTEC industries full hydro truss for the 60. I already have the orbital - it's an Eaton Char-Lynn unit. Once the season is done i'll be pulling the 60 out and prepping it for the install.

Last edited:

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
So the 60 is out and all brackets not required were cut off (love my plasma!), I pulled hubs and shafts off because I need to pull the carrier as this season I had play in the pinion. Checked the gear to see if there was any foulness but everything still looks good.

DSCF4052_zpsdb544368.jpg

DSCF4058_zpsfdd086e7.jpg

I also freshened up my switches - moved them off the console and stuck them in the dash..

DSCF4055_zps3dc83367.jpg

DSCF4061_zps74c3df7a.jpg

And finally discovered that my water pump was on it's way out - so I removed it, with the cooling system removed and the plan to go all electric fans I am on the fence whether to relocate the radiator to the rear... decisions decisions! :banghead:

DSCF4059_zps70a03397.jpg

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Been doing some maintenance and refreshing to the rig lately. I got the ATLAS freshened up, and cut off the old track bar frame mount. with the axle pushed as far forward as it is and after full hydro goes on it'll be pushed forward just alittle more the mount needed to be relocated.

finished welding the new mount...

DSCF4083_zps5f60d65f.jpg

and tacked for now onto the frame...

DSCF4084_zps9c9c65f5.jpg

and stripped out the rear of the buggy, i'll be building shock hoops and figure I might as well finish tubing all of the rear chassis, but more on that another day...

DSCF4082_zpscb00efa7.jpg

DSCF4080_zpsf56e3c25.jpg

Badweld

Is the track bar mount welded to the frame where it is plated? Or is that original frame? Its hard to tell in the pic. Nice work. I havent even looked at my buggy yet. The oil slicks under the axles make me want to puke!

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
haha, I've got a couple of stains under mine too - leaking oil filter but that'll get changed in the spring. It's welded to plating - I actually did some work to the plating before hand - just laid down more weld to ensure everything is solid. When I place the orbital mount on the inside of the frame I will also be beefing up there too - it is plated on the inside to the engine mount.
I'll also be gusseting the bracket as well as bracing it to the other side frame for strength. Next winter's project will be cutting the front off and tubing it - in the end the only piece of original frame will be under the seats.

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Caught up on some garage work before the holidays - cut the rear frame rails off, what got cut was a lot heavier than I thought. Now I just have to pick up some tube. All the PSC hydro stuff and ARTEC truss won't be here till the new year so i'll just be prepping the 60 till then.

Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!

DSCF4086_zpse9e27401.jpg

DSCF4089_zpsecbf4f7c.jpg

DSCF4088_zps57723335.jpg

DSCF4087_zps308603b0.jpg

stinky rat

look awesome bro. im going to new hampshire with my brother tommorow to pick up an LQ9. prepare yourself to eat my dust.....

merry x mass to you and your familly.