Road Force Balancing for Tires/Wheels

R

Root Moose

Any one know of a local shop that does this? Requires a special machine (Huter GSP9700).

C

Cummins Land-Rover

Should be relatively common amongst the higher end dealers. You could call Frisby and see where they send you. Land-Rover Ottawa/St. Laurent Volvo/ Import Auto Leasing have a niice hunter road force machine.

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
I work at Turpin in the new auto park in Kanata and we do it. I'm not sure how much it costs though.

Matt :glasses:

J

Joust

and if you could explain what you are talking about. that would be nice.

Mini-T

Sasquatch
I'm going to guess that it balances the tire with weight on it to simulate actual driving conditions.

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
RFV - Radial Force Variation - simulates actual road condition under load

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
Yeah, basically it measures the high and low spots of the rim and tire under road type conditions (it puts pressure on the tire). It will then tell you where the high and low spots on tire and rim. You then match the highest point on the tire with the lowest spot on the rim.
You want a tire to have no more than 8lbs of road force. When your done, if it does then the tire is garbage.
It is basically suposed to get rid of that vibration from a shifted belt or get the minor inperfections out of the tire.
I dunno if that makes any sense...

J

Joust

Yes, that makes a lot of sense.
thank for the explanation.