Rock Coady Trail Trail.

T

TJCeeJay

No I didn't accidentally write Trail twice. :rolleyes: The road the trail starts from is called Rock Coady Trail. And what a sweet trail it is! :D If you like wide open gravel roads, :heep::heep: you got 'em. If you like window scrapin' muddy quad trails, you got 'em. If you like bedrock fields, you got 'em. If you like muddy, sink up to your axles, boggy fields. Their there. If you like crawlin on loose rocks up to 2 feet in diameter, or creeping your way up a couple old, huge rock and...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

T

TJCeeJay

Ok, I know were you are now. This also runs off Kinburn from Timmins Road. If you want more fun go south into the Burntlands area.? I wouldn't mind coming out, but short notice and too much on the go today. I might be interested in a night trail if I can figure out the Flattie head lights.

Do you have a GPS , or a map of the area that you could sketch out the trail?

:beer:

We like new trails!!!!

Yup, got a GPS. Will print up the trails that I ran, then scan to a .jpg for easy viewing. You can also check out "Live Search Maps" http://maps.live.com/#JnE9eXAuUm9ja...yNSU3ZTM1LjQ2MDY2OTk1MTQ5NTMlN2UtOTcuNzM0Mzc1 After it loads, click on the "Aerial" tab then zoom in a bit and start exploring. You can see individual tire tracks the detail is so good. And since most of the trails are on bedrock they stand out. White on green is very noticable ; ) As for Burnt Lands, that's a spot I still have to explore. How is it? Technical? Deep water? Bypasses for the nastier stuff? Hilly? Flat? Which is the best way in? North of Golden Line Road, North end of Concession 12, South end of Concession 12? And how 'bout that area that looks like it has some little sh!t-hole buisiness there. One building, a dozen cars all over the place. That area off limits? Also, just north of March road and west of Burnt Lands Road is a Huge, wide open "field" with a huge strange... Road? Buldozer path? Abandoned alien landing zone? Never finished race track? Anyways... What the HECK is that thing? What WAS there? Or, what was SUPPOSESD to go there? Wierd! Thanks! Talk at ya soon! :smokin:

Last edited:

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
The open part off March rd used to have a pile of raido towers in it. They sprayed the area with that Agent Orange stuff that basically kills everything for years and years. It's just finally starting to grow back now.
As for a night run count me in! Just let us Know when the headlights are fixed on the flattie John, if you can find the time.
:beer::beer:

T

TJCeeJay

Hey, Mud Lite, just thinkin'. :clue: What type of GPS do you have. I have a Garmin with the TopoCanada Map Pack. If you have a Garmin I could send you the track log from my GPS. Never done a night run. Must fix that. Peace! :smokin:

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
Hey, Mud Lite, just thinkin'. :clue: What type of GPS do you have. I have a Garmin with the TopoCanada Map Pack. If you have a Garmin I could send you the track log from my GPS. Never done a night run. Must fix that. Peace! :smokin:

Just save it as a GPX. In Mapsource do Save As and select the type as GPS eXchange Format. This format can be read by many programs and can be translated by GPS Babel.

T

TJCeeJay

Just save it as a GPX. In Mapsource do Save As and select the type as GPS eXchange Format. This format can be read by many programs and can be translated by GPS Babel.

Hey! Cool! Didn't know, now I do, and am better for it. :smokin:
Ahhh... Crap! Spoke too soon. Don't know what version of Mapsource you're using, I'm using V5.4. The only saving option I have is for the Garmin .mps. Damn!

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Hey! Cool! Didn't know, now I do, and am better for it. :smokin:
Ahhh... Crap! Spoke too soon. Don't know what version of Mapsource you're using, I'm using V5.4. The only saving option I have is for the Garmin .mps. Damn!

Save it as a .mps anyway. GPSBabel will convert .mps to whatever you want.

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
I have 6.13, guess that's a new feature. But as Twinkie said, we can convert .mps too.

T

TJCeeJay

Save it as a .mps anyway. GPSBabel will convert .mps to whatever you want.

Allright! Next stupid question. How or where do I post that type of file? I can insert a picture or a link, but not a .mps. Should I be thinkin' right about now about getting a Rapidshare account? :confused: Thanx again!

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
I'm not sure if this works for non-paid members, but give it a try and let us know.

First ZIP the .mps file. When typing your reply there's a paperclip in the first row of tool icons. This will open a new window to add attachments to your account, so BROWSE to your ZIP file and UPLOAD it.

Come back to your reply window and click the paperclip again. This time you'll be able to select your ZIP file and it will be added to your message like this:
View attachment 247

The reason you have to ZIP it is you can't upload .mps and most file types.

T

TJCeeJay

I'm not sure if this works for non-paid members, but give it a try and let us know.

First ZIP the .mps file. When typing your reply there's a paperclip in the first row of tool icons. This will open a new window to add attachments to your account, so BROWSE to your ZIP file and UPLOAD it.

Come back to your reply window and click the paperclip again. This time you'll be able to select your ZIP file and it will be added to your message like this:
View attachment 247

The reason you have to ZIP it is you can't upload .mps and most file types.

Cool. Let's give this a try.View attachment 248 Hey! It worked! How cool is that? :smokin: There ya go. Thanx for the know-how.

R

ridgeliner

Good to Go

Is anybody going to do this trail this weekend? Sunday would be great, late morning, I need to find more trails in my area.
Ridgeliner

T

TJCeeJay

Is anybody going to do this trail this weekend? Sunday would be great, late morning, I need to find more trails in my area.
Ridgeliner

I'm game! I'd love to finish exploring that area. And to learn from ya where MORE good trails are. :D Sunday morning. Perfect. Chat more. :beer:

D

Duct_Taper

I might be in for this too, depending on how stuff goes with my jeep this week...

T

TJCeeJay

So I assume that this is a stock friendly trail with by passes and go arounds for any deep mud holes or rock sections? More of a pick your poison type trail?

:)
Totally stock friendly. No deep mud UNLESS you WANT some. :D

T

TJCeeJay

So... Anyone goin' to Rock Coady Trail on Sunday? I'll go if anyone else wants to. Otherwise I'll probably explore Burntlands. (Very carefully. Never been before.) Later!

T

TJCeeJay

Would that be the mud hole about 3 km north from March road on the trail that begins between the quarry and the old antenna field? Google Earth is our friend! :smokin: Later

S

snippy

Anyone still up for this area today? Sorry I'm so late chiming in, wanted to get my new side rails installed so they wouldn't be clanging around in the back. Give me a shout if you're also headed out late, I may go take a gander. 613-355-9792.

Last edited:
T

TJCeeJay

Ahhhhhh CRAP! Missed you by about an hour. Just got back from Rock Coady. Damn, damn, damn! So much more fun with someone else! Dang it! Later!

S

snippy

Np, I just got back from there as well. Didn't go too far in, just enough to get some mud on my new parts and then head home for dinner.

Looks promising though.