Roll cage options

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
The Jeep is due for a whole new cage, it's currently made up of the '89 main hoop, later family cage rear bars, and pipe in the front.

One option is a kit from Poison Spyder. I like the look and function of this cage including the A-pillars and tunnel in front for my CB. Kit cost is $1k US plus shipping, so I figure around $1,500. But at least it would save time measuring, bending, and cutting a custom cage.
http://shop.poisonspyder.com/YJ-Full-Roll-Cage-Kit-p/13-19-010.htm...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
when we did JP's he bought 120', it was around $750, the footings from TMR for $60 and the A pillar piece for $150, so for around $960 we built his cage.

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
when we did JP's he bought 120', it was around $750, the footings from TMR for $60 and the A pillar piece for $150, so for around $960 we built his cage.

Yah, That's about right for material cost. For time - I had about 35-40 hours in Tim's and Brad's cages....

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member

Family cage or sport? I don't know that I've ever seen JP's TJ/juggy.

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
So assuming I have to pay for someone's time and tools I may not be saving all that much, though I can get some customization, keep the money local, and have fun.

I requested a shipping quote from PS (their site doesn't give one, even for Ogdensburg), I'm assuming it'll be close even for Canadian vendors.

We can talk more at the meeting tomorrow.

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
So assuming I have to pay for someone's time and tools I may not be saving all that much, though I can get some customization, keep the money local, and have fun.

I requested a shipping quote from PS (their site doesn't give one, even for Ogdensburg), I'm assuming it'll be close even for Canadian vendors.

We can talk more at the meeting tomorrow.

Very true, if you have to pay for someone to do it it'll get prIcey quick.