Roof Rails

BuBBaBO

Club Member
I'm wondering if anyone has a roof rail mounting system that I could borrow. I picked up a RTT on the weekend and would like to try it out this weekend. I borrowed a set from [MENTION=3]Twinkie[/MENTION] however they don't seem to work.

BuBBaBO

Club Member
Yeah, I'm not going to mount it to the factory cross rails. Looking at Thule mounting systems.uploadfromtaptalk1435613710116.jpg

I think I'm just going to buy new feet for these rails

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

junkpile

That's all it takes? I'm always impressed by how much weight something so unsubstantial looking can carry. I figure you stick a pair of adults in that tent along with gear and you can easily have 100lbs pressing down on each of those four rack feet. But I guess when you do the math it is actually a 12sq" foot so that's really only 8.3lbs per sq/in. (Thinking while typing) Very cool sir, which RTT did you you get? If you don't mind, could you post up some pics when you've got it mounted and set up?

BuBBaBO

Club Member
I went and picked it up last weekend brought it home on the factory rails which held up ok, but I don't think they'd hadle the tent and my weight. I'm not willing to try it. LoL.

I'm going to get new feet from a place here in Ottawa that sells them and use the rails I got from Terry. The feet wrap around the raised rails on the roof. Here's to hoping.

I picked it up used off Kijiji. It's a no name brand from BC (shady looking backdoor website) but I think it's cool if it works out. http://bimoseals.com/skydome1.htm

Hopefully I get it mounted for the weekend, so I'll post some pics

BuBBaBO

Club Member
Seems stable...We'll find out on the weekend

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1435880700105.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1435880700105.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 17
  • uploadfromtaptalk1435880709762.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1435880709762.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 18