Scotch Line June 7th

CaptainFitz

Official Wannabe
Club Member
The next scheduled run after the Gorge is Scotch line on June 7th (next Sat)

Scotch line is located 5 min from Kemptville, which is 25 min south on 416, IThis trail is simple but depending on the weather can be nasty. It is only mud and light trail with a chance to play in the water at the end.. It is usually a short day. Tow points are mandatory, and we only go if winches are present.

Let me know who is interested and planning on coming, and will will arrange meeting spots later!

Tim

Jimbog

Club Member
Then after the trail run everyone can head over to North Augusta and go to Wheels- a- Churrin. It is only about 30-35 mins from Kemptville

J

JeepJen

Gah! Tow points! Gotta talk to my father in law about fabricating me some tow points. No way I'll have them by Saturday :(

S

snippy

How stock friendly is the trail (compared to say, The Gorge)? Hopefully my ARB Recovery package will be in by then.

And is there a meeting point in Ottawa?

CaptainFitz

Official Wannabe
Club Member
The trail can be very easy to the point we all wonder why we drove there, or it can be nasty to the point of 4 hours for 200 feet. Seen it both ways. The difficulty is in the mud, it is an ever changing trail as far as difficulty. Tow points are mandatory fot this trail as I have yet to go through were they were not required.

To give people an idea, it is not rocky or anything, just slick. I have been there where I drove my pickup through the trail (stock open/open) just 33' mud tires with relative ease, and farther down the pack, the guys with 35's lockers etc were not making it. Other times we have all driven right through..

There are some picks on the list, search out scotch line.

I will meet people in Kemptville at 9:00 am in the Food Basic parking lot. accross the road from the tim hortons on hwy 43. You ext the 426 at hwy 43. I suggest a group meet a Zellers parking lot at 8:15 am and leave there at 8:30 am, to meet in KEmptville for 9:am

Let me know who is planning on meeting at Zellers and who is planning on meeting me in Kemptville.

I am hoping to have my red Sami back on the road for then, if not I will be a TB for the day.

Thanks
tim

Who else is in!

J33P

Gah! Tow points! Gotta talk to my father in law about fabricating me some tow points. No way I'll have them by Saturday :(

You have a ZJ with the unibody, I would HIGHLY recommend your buy the appropriate brackets.

CAll National4wd and give them this part # which is an Omix-Ada number.

Runs baout 90 bucks USD, it's it's usually a kit with the hooks.

CaptainFitz

Official Wannabe
Club Member
So who is willing to lead the group from Zellers in BC to the Food Basic in Kemptville? All I ask is that you leave at 8:30 and keep the group together on the way so no one gets lost, right john? :stir:

Also my cell # is 613-558-6170, please call if there are any problems.

Thanks
Tim

J

JeepJen

You have a ZJ with the unibody, I would HIGHLY recommend your buy the appropriate brackets.

CAll National4wd and give them this part # which is an Omix-Ada number.

Runs baout 90 bucks USD, it's it's usually a kit with the hooks.

I was thinking about getting this:
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/zj/zj_rad_support.html
It's a hundred US and is a Rad Protector AND tow points. I like it better than the factory tow points because it pulls evenly on both sides of the frame.

Otherwise, my father in law is a professional welder and anything he would make me would be much stronger than the factory ones. I think though I'm pretty much decided on the KOR rad/tow. Unless shipping is outrageous.

J33P

I was thinking about getting this:
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/zj/zj_rad_support.html
It's a hundred US and is a Rad Protector AND tow points. I like it better than the factory tow points because it pulls evenly on both sides of the frame.

Otherwise, my father in law is a professional welder and anything he would make me would be much stronger than the factory ones. I think though I'm pretty much decided on the KOR rad/tow. Unless shipping is outrageous.

yup, that's good too. Please don't think I am discrediting your father in law, because that wasn't my intent. If he can duplicate the bracketery, then go for it.

CaptainFitz

Official Wannabe
Club Member
is anybody able to Lead from zellers? if not I will just make the meeting spot 9am in Kemptville, please let me know :)

Tim

CaptainFitz

Official Wannabe
Club Member
OK so to recap this run I have the following people coming, if I have missed you please let me know so I can keep count:

Tim (me)
Pete
Brad
Brian

Sorry don't know your names in association to your sig.
98JeepXJ
chunkytrunks
snippy

Currently since no one has said they will get everyone going from Zellers I will meet people in kemptville at 9:00am , if anyone wants to meet at Zellers, feel free just make sure to leave there by 8:30am sharp and you are on your own to ensure you leave on time. I will not wait long. My cell number is 613-558-6170, use it if you are late or cannot make it please :)

See everyone Sat morning at 9:00 :) oh and for anyone interested, I like Large regular from timmies :lmao:

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
Sorry Tim. Something just came up. I think i'm gunna have to skip tomorrows run. I hope you all have a good time.

Matt.