seats

G

Gadzooks

Having trouble finding some new seats at a reasonable (ie: less than 200$) cost. Looking for a set of comfy buckets, preferably with rails, no colour or material preference, just no tears. Anybody have a set for sale? or a suggestion as tp where to get some? wreckers are asking over 100$ a seat. :eek:

G

Gadzooks

not sure if Suzuki still sells seat covers for the Samurai, but Mine used to fit like a glove!! They were a two pcs. set and looked like the factory seat. Bestop sells a set too, but not sure if they are the same quality.

http://www.bestop.com/index.php?s=13

:smokin:

thanks for the tip Mud, but the current seats are a mess, foam is all ripped, missing chunks, etc...not comfortable at all. Need entire seats replaced. Afer wheeling all summer with one nice comfy bucket seat and my better half in a delapitated, stinky, molding, ripped, stock sami seat, I feel its in my better interest to get myself two good seats for the new rig. :D

D

Dannyboy33

I found a set of Recaro's out of a unmarked cop car for 150 for the set. The police put them in the lumina's and stuff like that they are great. So that could be a option for you to.

G

Gadzooks

I found a set of Recaro's out of a unmarked cop car for 150 for the set. The police put them in the lumina's and stuff like that they are great. So that could be a option for you to.

Sounds like a great option Danny, all I need now is to find myself a cop car, cost may be a bit higher than just seats though, no?:lmao:

D

Dannyboy33

Just put a big box of donuts with a sign "free donuts" and you should have enough time to take the seat out. lol

G

Gadzooks

Just put a big box of donuts with a sign "free donuts" and you should have enough time to take the seat out. lol

Awesome I'll give it a try! ha ha. Actually to highjack my own thread, are there an army surplus store in Ottawa? Looking for a few items. Also, anybody happen to know of the colour schemes for Military camo? I know green, brown, black, but any colour codes?

S

Simon

You can pick up a set of Hunsaker's off eBay for about $200. Best to get an address in the US for shipping though.

G

Gadzooks

You can pick up a set of Hunsaker's off eBay for about $200. Best to get an address in the US for shipping though.

Yepp, looks like ebay is the way to go. I always forget to look there. :beer:

Z

Zooklounge

used ottawa under honda civic, there is a set of civic si seats for $80

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
this one is more comfortable for sure but he needs seets for his truck.

Loco

I'd wheel it
JD check here: www.car-part.com for local wreckers. My Dad got a seat for his protege 5 for something like $65 in mint shape (found his at sonshine wreckers in cumberland thru that site).

Hope that helps.

K

kbrousseau

Are these seats going in a Sami? I have a set of buckets in my wrecked Grand Cherokee that are in really good shape but I think that they would be too big all around for a Sami.

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
there is one perfect leader Recaro seat from BMW in my work, might ask for price

T

Tweaked

If your still looking I have a set of 94 Ford Probe bucket seats out of a parts car that I am scrapping very soon. There yours if you want them, I believe there are no rips or tears in them.

The car is just this side of Renfrew, let me know if your interested.

G

Gadzooks

If your still looking I have a set of 94 Ford Probe bucket seats out of a parts car that I am scrapping very soon. There yours if you want them, I believe there are no rips or tears in them.

The car is just this side of Renfrew, let me know if your interested.

pm'd.....

G

Gadzooks

Are these seats going in a Sami? I have a set of buckets in my wrecked Grand Cherokee that are in really good shape but I think that they would be too big all around for a Sami.

thanks but yeah, cherokee seats are too wide for my needs.

Z

zuk4life

i have a set of seats in good shape. i don't know what car there from but there the same as pete menard's seats in his willis the tracks mount very flat so it will make installation easy .there grey they have adjustabe support in driverside seat the material is very durable i would like $100 for the pair