Spring Fever Prep Time

CaptainFitz

Official Wannabe
Club Member
One might argue this should be under the events section :flipoff:

Spring fever is less then 1 month away!!!!

Now, since we are almost there, I need to arrange the clearing run/planning day.

I am currently planning on going on May 2nd (that is a Saturday).. I will be traveling the normal route and picking up anyone along the way. i.e. Zellers at 8:00, carp road at 8:15, Munfords at 9:00 then to the dam for 9:15.

I am looking for some crews to clear the trails i.e. some chain saws and...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

CaptainFitz

Official Wannabe
Club Member
Thanks!.. can I say start with 50? and if I need more I will let you know? otherwise I can let you know following the planning run...

Thanks!

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 1:04 PM, YJ_Driver wrote:
Yes, just let me know how many.

K

kbrousseau

My calander shows May 2nd as a Friday. I should be able to help on the 3rd with chainsaw in hand but would need to ride along as I have nothing Quinn capable.

CaptainFitz

Official Wannabe
Club Member
Sorry, it would help if I looked at May not August....
It is the 3rd! Saturday May 3rd.

Thanks Keith!

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 1:20 PM, kbrousseau wrote:
My calander shows May 2nd as a Friday. I should be able to help on the 3rd with chainsaw in hand but would need to ride along as I have nothing Quinn capable.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Come on people, we need firm commitments for trucks. Tim needs help with this to make it a sucessful event.

Buster

Club Member
Barring a complete meltdown I'm available for Saturday. Just have to whip up an Anti wrap bar for the rear end!!! Or go without it...:D

S

SWest

Sorry

My truck is now in rebuild mode, I took it all apart Saturday so I wont be able to make it. Gotta get ready for Spring Fever. :D

B

bubba

I' ve got a chain saw and the day off, I haven't however been on either of these trails. What would you consider a capible truck for these trails.

Steve (07 JK ,33's, rear locker )

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
I' ve got a chain saw and the day off, I haven't however been on either of these trails. What would you consider a capible truck for these trails.

Steve (07 JK ,33's, rear locker )

You would be fine to do the quinn in the front and out the back...

If I can swing going, that is what I will be doing...

szabotage

went up the front door in my tintop upto the bridge 2 weeks ago. just to see if the thaw may have damaged it. the bridge is still standing but was near impossible to get through the snow with my open diffs. even the logging roads were tough! I'm sure now it is all gone tho. hope this helps.

CaptainFitz

Official Wannabe
Club Member
Thanks for the update mike.

Hopefully everything will be good by now!

the quinn is fine for most trucks on 33's, depending on the vehicle sometimes smaller. it really depends..

So a reminder to those coming, I am rolling through the Zellers in Bells Corners parking lot on Sat at 8:00 am (leaving promptly) and then on to meet people at mumfords for around 9, then on to the damn.

My cell # is 613-558-6170 for anyone who needs to get in contact with me.

Thanks to everyone who is coming to help! Of course we still need people so if you are thinking of coming or will not eb sure until last minute and can make, come on out, and meet me at one of those 2 spots.

Tim

Tim

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
I'll come out with a chainsaw, I could lead a group through the back door and/or Pinion pass.

I'll meet you at Mumford's.

K

kbrousseau

I am still planning on coming with my chainsaw but need to ride along if there is an empty seat.

Heads up though if anyone is travelling the Perth and surrounding area this weekend. The OPP are having a huge speeding blitz in this area for the next few weeks. They are targeting all the 50/60 kmh zones in and around the area. Yesterday they were averaging one ticket every 7 minustes!