Spring Fever thanks

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
First off, I want to say thanks Tim and crew for putting on a very successful event. We've had nothing but positive feedback this year which is an awesome outcome. As well, here is an email from Mario (blue 'Runner that drove around Saturday to watch the action):

Hi Terry:

I would like to thank you and the rest of the OVO members for putting on a great event.

My son and I had a great time, even though we just watched and did video tape a few obstacles.
I didn't get a chance to thank the...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

K

kbrousseau

I also would like to say thanks to Tim and his crew for another great event. Everything went great, lotsa wheeling and great company! Well done!

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
Terry, can you get the videos from Mario? I think he got some for checkpoints which would be a good addition to the Gallery as those were the best parts of Saturday's event.

Great job team SF :glasses::beer::glasses:

CaptainFitz

Official Wannabe
Club Member
Big Thanks

I was trying to get all the accounting done before I gave my final thanks and have all the names in form of me, so bear with me if I get anything wrong, since I decided it may be another couple days before I get it all done.

First let me thank all those involved with this year, being running checkpoints, to helping scouting, to administrative work, for counting and registration. There was a great team which came out and showed up to make this event a great success, in what turned out to be our best year yet!

We had 36 trucks run the formal event on Saturday and another 5 which ran either Friday night, Sunday or both. totaling 41 trucks!!

As Richard mentioned The winners of the competition on Sat were

1st place:
Richard, Jon Wilson and Trevor

2nd
Mike Legacy, Paulo and Steve West

3rd
Adrian, Bill and Keith

Hard Luck - Mike Mueller

Carnage - Corey Jackson

Campers Butt - (sorry I forget this one at the moment)

Shady Tree mechanic - Scott Campbell (with a close race with Dwayne and crew for their many hours spent on the fuel issues of Dwayne's jeep))

Tread Lightly - Tony T.

Weather held up well for the event some rain Sat afternoon but all in all very good, The course may have been a bit tough but hey that is what it is about.

As is always the case there were a group of people who broke or otherwise disabled their vehicles over the course of the weekend. some minor issues and some not so much :), but everyone made it back safe to camp every night and that is the most important thing.

There were some good stories around the camp fire, maybe a few beers shared..

Some stayed and ran trails till Monday and some left before, and again I think a good time was had by all.

So now 2008 Spring Fever is behind us, and we move on to Next year, if anyone has any comments or suggestions good or bad, please let me know, I am very open to hearing any and all feedback, please PM me if you want it private or post back.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me this year, and I look forward to many more years to come..

Tim

K

kbrousseau

Campers Butt was Andrew/Mini-T/Sasquatch much to his dismay.

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
Thanks from me as well.

That was a great weekend, thanks for all who put it the hard work to make it so.
Dwayne
:beer:

BillaVista

PrettyBoy
How about 1/2" galvanized steel cable to attach the punchers so the damn thing doesn't come off when I'm rallying back to camp ...:banghead::flipoff:

... good times.

( Just finished installing a fuel gauge tonight!!)

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
How about 1/2" galvanized steel cable to attach the punchers so the damn thing doesn't come off when I'm rallying back to camp ...:banghead::flipoff:

... good times.

( Just finished installing a fuel gauge tonight!!)

And do you remember when you where broke and I said I could go knock off a couple more flags while I was waiting for you to fix your junk but I said "what difference would 10 points make" LOL:banghead: