Straddlebug Lake Question

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
Hi there, just trying to plan my weekends. Can somebody give me more information on Straddlebug Lake ie: location, duration of run, type of run and time we will be running?

Thanks
Dwayne
:beer:

S

snippy

I am in dire need of a run this weekend, so if anyone wants to hit up a stock friendly trail drop me a line :)

B

bubba

darling road

hey John , Sun 10 am. Zellers, we're heading for Darling rd. Matt was telling me about it, can't find the thread.
Steve

S

snippy

hey John , Sun 10 am. Zellers, we're heading for Darling rd. Matt was telling me about it, can't find the thread.
Steve

Yeah I'll be at the Darling Rd run (thread's in the members only area) :) That post of mine was over a month old :smokin:

B

bubba

confused

sounds good I'll see you there , I can't access the members only forum for some reason , any ideas.
Steve.

B

bubba

I'm a paid member Richard , as of last fall.
Steve(silver JK)

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
Fixed. Sorry about that, my records were incomplete so I couldn't cross reference your forum name or e-mail to your real name.

B

bubba

perfect I'm able to access now , tell you the truth I didn't even know the members forum existed till just recently,thanks.

low tec but trying,Steve.

L

Louis

Damn, haven't been there for 15-18 years, I think a long time ago a bunch of guys took some army 6x6's up through there and really buggered it up - probably fine now though. That comes out at flower station IIRC??

I'd have to scout that one out, not sure about who owns the property up there now or trespass issues. Have you heard of anyone going up there lately?

I'll do some google earthing to see what I can come up with. Would probably be a good run though.

Louis

L

Louis

Damn, haven't been there for 15-18 years, I think a long time ago a bunch of guys took some army 6x6's up through there and really buggered it up - probably fine now though. That comes out at flower station IIRC??

I'd have to scout that one out, not sure about who owns the property up there now or trespass issues. Have you heard of anyone going up there lately?

I'll do some google earthing to see what I can come up with. Would probably be a good run though.

Louis

L

Louis

As the crow flies from strattlebug to flower station it is only about 8kms. The last time I went in there it was december/january, a foot of snow, we spent the night at strattlebug and drove half the trail at night - was pretty fun but tiring.

I'm in for a trip there, let me know when you plan on going.

REgards,

Louis

Billygoat

I was in last year and had a talk with the log cabin owners. The big iron gate is locked now, so a stay wouldn't be in the cards. The crapper is still open though!

They asked that anyone going by the strattlebug camp stay to the REAR. They were getting alot of damage in front of the camp, and they cut a trail at the rear for general use. Good group of guys, mostly from the Perth area I think.

Fun trail, only got about 4k in before swamping the rig. Had to mount a rescue a couple days after. Loooong ride out on the front of an ATV! I now go with a group! hahaha good times.

I'm in, would be a nice Sept/Oct run.

L

Louis

I'd be interested in scouting this run this week or maybe saturday. Is it a country drive or is it Quinn Lake or Weir QC like? I'm looking for a workout.

Regards,

Louis

L

Louis

Tentatively two of us from the Landcruiser club are going to do the strattlebug run on friday. I'd like to keep it to 2-3 well equiped trucks because we don't know what the trail is like now. Both our rigs are locked, lifted, 36 @39 inch tires and we both have winches.

Louis

Billygoat

Tentatively two of us from the Landcruiser club are going to do the strattlebug run on friday. I'd like to keep it to 2-3 well equiped trucks because we don't know what the trail is like now. Both our rigs are locked, lifted, 36 @39 inch tires and we both have winches.

Louis

Wish I could join you, sounds fun. There is a spot about 100 yards past the second camp (the one covered in tin by the swamp) where there is an artesian well beside the trail (capped in yellow). The little puddle on the trail is a bit deeper than it appears by a few feet, and the drop is sudden. Say hi for me!:D

L

Louis

LOL, will do, I'm a little cruel - so I will make the winch handler test for bottom:clue:

How deep were you in the puddle? Deeper than 4 feet? Technically speaking I can do about 6 feet as long as I keep moving:)