Straddlebug Lake Question

Billygoat

Ya, it's the 'keep moving' part. I got stuck and blew a bead so I was dead before I got too far. Mud got in the clutch, and the electrics shut down. Mud got in the starter. Battery died soon after. It spanked my azz! Starts deep and tapers up, so keep the thing going. I was on 35" AT's with very little mud traction, so you should be fine. High water mark was about 2" above the back of the tub, maybe just over the 4' mark at the deepest.

L

Louis

Ok cool, good to know. I suspect there will be lots of water in the bush this year with the rain - so could be a fun trip.

L

Louis

Maybe I'll tie ribbons, I only have a NUVI260W, not sure what it does for off road mapping.

Ribbons or popcorn.

L

Louis

This run might be on hold for me now- was just under my truck - front pinion is loose - metal in the diff oil. FRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK. Just had this diff built.

Anyway, taking the diff out now to see what is wrong.

FRACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

L

Louis

Got the diff out - the metal shaving were from the pinion teeth gnarling at the locker housing. I only wheeled it for literally a few minutes since it has been installed - so I am thinking it was a setup problem.

Anyone know of someone locally who can setup this diff??

L

Louis

Ok the diff is back in and ready to go - but the other truck bailed out on me so I am trying to figure things out - maybe next week as I'd like another truck in there for safety sake.

Billygoat

Shit I'd love to go. Fur shure don't go alone (artesian well story). If I can get back home before you go, I'll keep you company.

-Bill
Drinkin Olands and eatin lobster!

L

Louis

Ok, well let me know what you can do - call my cell at 613/614-7852 if you think you can work it in. Or, I can go next week as well, let me know.

Louis