Straightening Dana 60 housing.

A

ajh

Can anyone recommend somewhere in town with a jig/press that can true up a Dana 60 axle housing? I've found a 5mm deviation forward on my left rear tube that I need to get corrected.

Thanks.

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
I can't help with a place that can do it but I've heard of guys laying a hot bead of weld to one side (opposite side it is bent) and letting the heat bend it back.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Both of the above if you want to try it yourself (good excuse to truss it), or I know Rockspyder does it although not really local.

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
I would call Malmberg for opinion, sometimes they are friendly and can recommend a good place; this actually happened to me once.

badcompany

Club Member
bear with me hear guys but 5mm, it this so critical.....

I don't know enough about this stuff so im asking. with all the wheeling we do im sure no one has a perfect axes if they were all measured ... or am I wrong..

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
I dont know buddy ;) to each its own... one will keep driving until the wheels fall off, I on the other hand will go nuts if I know my axle is bent 5 mm.

A

ajh

Thanks, against all odds I seem to have located a replacement Salisbury so I should be able to remove this one and figure out what exactly is wrong once the other is put back together. In place I don't 'see' any bends, but the 4-wheel measurements are out enough.. I don't think a bent stub would do this without other serious symptoms like a seriously wobbling wheel.