Suzuki 1.6L 16v swap question

Badweld

So Im after cheap and easy power, a 16valve swap is the direction Im going in, until I build I new chassis and change drivetrains anyways.
My question is this, Ive found a couple of 16v trackers for sale. One is just a engine, harness and computer out of a 1995 tracker. The owner says it "runs good" .
The other is a complete 1997 4 door auto (that I can test drive) for more money.
Are either a good choise or is one a lot better than the other (as far as OBD 1 vs 2 blah blah).
Would like to...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Are you still planning on running the propane and turbo, or switching to EFI?

trixter192

Club Member
I tried getting the engine out of the red tacker on facebook, the guy flaked out on me. Sounds like you are getting it. Can I have your 8 valve?

Badweld

I was thinking of keeping my propane turbo on a 16v, but i think the EFI will have more power. Especially if i end up putting a turbo on it too. ( check out youtube "pfilfactor 2012 Ian" ).
The facebook tracker was an 8v. = not interested.
My 8 valve is a very good engine. I bought it from Doug Ball, he bought it from a guy that claimed it was rebuilt. I disassembled it and I believe it was rebuilt.
It as well as all of the propane stuff will be for sale if I find a good 16v. My set up would be killer in a samurai due to the power and runs on one wire.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
If you're keeping the propane, I'd get whatever is cheaper. EFI, I personally would prefer the running truck just so everything is there. I didn't think there was any differences in years, although I didn't do a whole lot of research back in my Sami days - I was going an EFI 1.3 route. I have heard the 1.3 DOHC setup from the Swift's is awesome if you can fit the distributor (straight out the rear of the head into the firewall), but that's all I remember.

I loved the sound of the turbo 8v, hope you keep the turbo when you go 16v :)