Thinking of getting a 4Runner

R

Root Moose

Just to put another idea out there... there is the diesel WK. I think they are a just a little more than your budget.

Cochise

Just to put another idea out there... there is the diesel WK. I think they are a just a little more than your budget.

Nice enough, but IFS. On the plus side, the diesel comes with Quadra-drive II, front and rear electric lockers (engaged in 4Low) for those years (the new diesels coming out only have this in the rear).

The motor is a MB OM642 CRD. 381 ft-lbs of torque. 7400 lbs towing capacity. :smokin:

I like it so far.

Last edited:

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
I'm not getting another Jeep. I tried a Jeep, came to understand it, and replaced everything underneath it :lmao: If I'm going to buy another 4x4 I might as well try something different and I think a Toy would be it.

junkpile

We have a big dog, he won't fit behind the seats, and I don't want to expose my kids to ear damaging sound levels. I'd keep the YJ, I'd still use it for the more difficult local trails, or if I'm going out without the whole family.

Looks to be keeping the YJ 😉

R

Root Moose

Oh for sure, I get that... I'd never buy another Chrysler anything... I was just throwing it out there for "unbiased ideas".

The next rig that I pay "real money" for will be an imported diesel G or a HDJ100. I still have my Jeeps and they serve their purpose.

Right now it's all pipe dream stuff... I'm currently racecar-less so that occupies my brain more so than truck stuff. Nowadays I'm more interested in touring and tow ratings than ultimate off-road ability.

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
I want an international scout myself right now.

:beer:

junkpile

What's not to luv? Two door, removable hard top, solid axles, round headlights...
Wait a minute that sounds familiar! 😱

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
What's not to luv? Two door, removable hard top, solid axles, round headlights...
Wait a minute that sounds familiar! 

Factory d44's front and rear
Factory D300 T-Case
Factory V8

You must be talking about the Bronco? :flipoff:

Richard

Commoner
Club Member

I wonder what he means by "new chassis" ? Complete frame?

Sounds like an OK deal for the latest model year (I think) and only 130k kms (hard to believe). The 'new chassis' makes me wonder too, plus he calls it a pickup truck :confused: Those Torontonians can be funny! But I'm not driving that far for one.

But keep them coming, it's nice to see the selection. I found a couple '87 diesels in Kingston at $7k and $12k, a little too much for the age and being the stinkiest truck on the trail ;)

R

Root Moose

Yeah, the old diesel trucks that are in good condition have a high ask price.

That said, if you like the retro-ness of them they are worth considering. Solid trucks, but not the most civilized. And not disposable the way Jeeps are.