Tire opinions KM2 or Trepador (Radial) or opinions?

CaptainFitz

Official Wannabe
Club Member
Opinions..

Considering a tight budget, and that 33 KM2's i am currently running are a bit undersized for my 4runner... i am looking for a 35" size for the runner, which is not dedicated offroad, but also not a daily, will need to be on road as well as off so cruise the highway, bit around town (casual).

I can get KM2's locally though backordered, and well priced. Cheaper delivered then from any stateside options i have found, but unknown delivery date. I have the 33's now, and so far like...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
I don't know if anyone locally has run the Trepadors. While I've read nothing but positive reviews, they have all been of the bias tires, so not much help there. I'm curious how they work out if you do buy them - I've wanted a set of 37's for the longest time, but my 36's have tons of life left in them.

just_in

I ran km2 in bc for 1/2 season. Killed two sidewalls in the rocks. I went with goodyear mrt/k since then.

I've only heard good things about the teardrops, but can't comment on them myself.

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
Love my KM2's. Daily drove my blazer with them for a few years. They did me well.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Running 33 KM2s for the last 3 years, I like them enough that I am mulling between them and Pitbulls depending on money situation at that point. That said, I do have a gouge taken out of the sidewall of one that I am using it only as a spare now

CaptainFitz

Official Wannabe
Club Member
thanks all, seems to be the same as what i read around the web. lots of good stuff on KM2's not so much feedback on the Radial trepadors.

rikker001

Have been running KM 2's for 4 years and love them, bought the originals 4 from 2kool performance in Prescott, great price.

junkpile

Another one here running KM2's (255/85r16's E rated) and happy with them. The Maxxis's have way more siping than the KM2's do which could be a plus but they are also directional which can be a pain if you want to correct any chop, or uneven wear.