Tire question

imthegreat2004

hi guys,

Recently i bought 31" Goodyear wrangler Territory tires M+S and went to get it installed but my mechanic said that they arent good for summer. He told me that i can only use them in snow and in mud but for normal road use i still have to use all season tires.

Is this true? I am disappointed after buying these tires :(

K

KBjeep

Those are great year round. Pretty good in the dirt but watch the side walls in the rocks.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Odds are the guy was implying that they may wear quicker in the summer or be louder than normal tires.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Correct if they are winter rated they will be a softer compound and may wear quicker. The tire is supposwdly based on the Duratrac. They may be decent winter tires. As a mud tire dont know.

Last edited:

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
they are fine, had them on the yukon as a daily driver, they did not wear anyfaster than any other tire I have had... I do not usually let tires wear on their own accord though :)

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Chances are the guy was trying to sell you new tires. The territory i believe are inly available at Canadian Tire. From what i have read as a tire there hqvent been any complaints about fast wear on them.