Tow rig needs tires - who to talk to?

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Any advice on who's cheap in the Ottawa area for tires? Need a new set for the Dodge.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
I'll bite, what's your preference? what size?

285/70R17, E rated. Good AT's. Liked the Destination AT's that were on it, would consider KO2's or ATM's (I believe they have a 295/70R17 I'd try). Or a 33/12.5 if it came down to it.

Buster

Club Member
HI Kev,
I have run Goodyear Silent Armour Wranglers for the past 5 years on my 2500HD. They have worn well and seen many a trip with and without the truck heavily loaded. Slight noise at highway speeds (louder than the uniroyals that were OEM) but not offensive even with radio off and cab quiet. Also if you dont run snow tires, they are snowflake rated . Drove them in snow a bit and they were OK, but not as good as my pure snow tires. No they were not cheap but, I have never worried about them since getting them.

justin

Function > Form

Club Member
Still liking my ATM e-loads 235/85/16, they have been wearing pretty evenly, not loud at all, but I'm also not as heavy as your truck. I've got about 35k on them so far and they have worn minimally.

They will be loads cheaper than a KO2, but those are much nicer tires, so not really comparable imho.

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
Only sets my supplier shows in stock in that size are Aeolus cross ace A/T, Zeta Zivaro A/T, mickey Thompson ATZ/MTZ/Degan, Dick Cepek trail country/fun country/extreme country at this time.