Treadwright Tires

berger

I was just wondering what you guys think, or know, of these Treadwright tires? Many guys in the Pinzgauer world are switching to them, and in a quick search, the Jeep community seems to like them too. I understand the issues some have with re-treads, but that is mainly on 30,000lb transports. The cost of these tires is going to force me to look at them seriously when mine wear out. I really like the Warden, as it resembles the BFG A/T...and at $113.00 US per...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
I've also read really good reviews on the Treadwright's over on Pirate. I've seriously been considering a pair for the Dodge as they are significantly cheaper.

trixter192

Club Member
I looked into these add the guys talked me out of it. They don't air down well, they're heavy, and they are known up fall apart at highway speeds. Shipping is also really high. Iirc, $40 per tire, making the final price and value not worth it. I got my procomps for $70 more after shipping.

berger

I looked into these add the guys talked me out of it. They don't air down well, they're heavy, and they are known up fall apart at highway speeds. Shipping is also really high. Iirc, $40 per tire, making the final price and value not worth it. I got my procomps for $70 more after shipping.

I am beginning to think the comments about the re-treads falling apart are started by their competitors, because similar comments were made early on in the Pinz community but refuted. Very much like CO2 Trail Tank I want to buy. Seems rumours started about places not filling tanks "made in china," but they have the DOT and TC stamps on them. Not mucb out there NOT made in china these days, even components of 'Merican Made' items. :D

As to weight, that could be a factor and shipping costs would have to be considered for sure.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
The tread thing is an older issue - my understanding is that they have changed how they cap the tires, and it's much improved. Lots of folks using them on tow rigs as well as wheelers in the US.

I will say, though, that the shipping costs have likely killed my interest.

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
I ran retreads on a car in the 80's, I would consider them for big trucks, maybe my motorhome, and maybe even the Excursion but as an off-road use tire? Hmmmmmm I wonder about how they will flex and contour to rocks.

Andries

Club Member
My biggest question about rethreads is how they hold up when aired down to single digits. We use rethreads on our work trucks and they seem to hold up ok, but this is at 90+ psi.

berger

Ya, you guys raise some good points. They seem to do well aired down, based on what I have read, but crawling rocks does make me wonder.

Sent from my Mobile

trixter192

Club Member
Oh and the re-caps are even worse. Now you don't know if you have matching carcasses. I found the best deals at 4wheelparts and discounttire.com (which has free shipping).

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
retread.jpg

A customer had these tires for a year... Both remolds that were on his van were doing this. I dont trust them for the simple fact you do not know the life of the tire before it was a remold.