tube benders and dies?

plumpto

Richard H. and I are looking into buying a bender. I know a few guys on the forums have them, so you guys might be able to answer my question. When looking into the dies themselves, what would be the difference between:

1-1/2" x 4.5 CLR die set
1-1/2" x 5.5 CLR die set
1-1/2" x 6.5 CLR die set

We are just looking into to cheaper models. Would a JD2 or 105HD be a better purchase and why?

Thanks
Chris

M

Morley

The Center Line Radius is the gap from center of tube to center of tube
when a 180degree bend is completed.
4.5 CLR will give you a tighter 180 degree bend, while a 6.5 CLR will give you a wider 180degree bend.

I had a JD2 before and never used it much, but it was a high quality peice of machinery that will last an eternity. If you can afford it, get hydro!!

Richard H. and I are looking into buying a bender. I know a few guys on the forums have them, so you guys might be able to answer my question. When looking into the dies themselves, what would be the difference between:

1-1/2" x 4.5 CLR die set
1-1/2" x 5.5 CLR die set
1-1/2" x 6.5 CLR die set

We are just looking into to cheaper models. Would a JD2 or 105HD be a better purchase and why?

Thanks
Chris

plumpto

Thanks guys,
We are leaning towards the JD2 because it comes with the degree already integrated. Love to get it hydrauliced but cashflow nor the amount of use we will use it for right now isnt worth it. Are the JD2 and 105 dies interchangeable?