Vennacher(Calabogie)/Lingham Powerline Expedition July 17-19 2015

Which weekend do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
This thread is being started to gauge interest in doing a weekend run from Calabogie to Madoc, ON using the Vennacher (Spring Fever powerline) & Lingham powerlines. Friday night the plan is to meet at a campsite(s) on Dodge Lake, and from there Saturday run down Vennacher to either 41 or go down to 506 @ Plevna and across 41 on to the Lingham powerline, all the way over to Lingham Lake. I expect the powerline run on the Saturday to take a good 10 hours, so it will be an early start so we...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Might be in for either depending on other factors around that period. Sounds interesting!

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Depends on how road worthy the CJ is by then, but if I can make it, it would be the July weekend.

badcompany

Club Member
if this materializes and I have at least 1 months notice of the date ( any date will work for me as long as its enough time for me to request vacation days) count me into also.
sounds like a fun time. oh is there a limit on the amount of trucks. anything over 7 id proberly be out unless we split the group up. people get bored waiting for me to get unstuck .:manhug:

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
if this materializes and I have at least 1 months notice of the date ( any date will work for me as long as its enough time for me to request vacation days) count me into also.
sounds like a fun time. oh is there a limit on the amount of trucks. anything over 7 id proberly be out unless we split the group up. people get bored waiting for me to get unstuck .:manhug:
No plans at this time to limit the group as we haven't had huge turnout's lately anyway. Expect a 50% actual show rate of people who say they are coming. :) We'll see as the time comes near as to what we're doing. The sites on Dodge lake will hold around 10 trucks, and it'll be cramped at that size, assuming we can even get those sites. It is 1st come, 1st served after all. We may just end up on the powerline or something, all part of the adventure. LoL

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
Oohhhh, it's very tempting, I always wanted to do an expedition. I'd want to spend Father's day at home though.

berger

If I still own the Pinz at that time....I am in!!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Stupid question but why not August?
Assuming we are still doing WAC next year, we have a whole month of nothing happening.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Because I don't want to do it that late. I had originally thought the week after SF or 1st week of June, but settled on the above dates.

Djtc

I just got back from attending the vermont overland rally and loved it, im in for another similar type of event!

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Yeah, so we may have a problem with the route. I was pointed to a thread on another forum showing the "paving" that has been done on the Cloyne-Lingham side, yup, you could drive a stretch limo in that way. Hydro is working on the lines and have "paved" the road pretty much flat, including filling in all water crossings. I entered from the Lingham side on Sunday, and although that side isn't "paved" yet, they are working on it. High spots have been leveled, low spots are being filled. The water crossings are still there though (lost my license plate in one of them), I'm sure by next summer you'll be able to drive a car from Lingham to Cloyne. We could probably do that whole section in an hour the way it's groomed today. Next spring I may need to get some decently well equipped trucks together to go on a scouting mission for a new route. Maybe there is something on the Vannacher line (on the West side of 41) that we've never explored.

Stay tuned, this isn't over yet.

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
Yeah, so we may have a problem with the route. I was pointed to a thread on another forum showing the "paving" that has been done on the Cloyne-Lingham side, yup, you could drive a stretch limo in that way. Hydro is working on the lines and have "paved" the road pretty much flat, including filling in all water crossings. I entered from the Lingham side on Sunday, and although that side isn't "paved" yet, they are working on it. High spots have been leveled, low spots are being filled. The water crossings are still there though (lost my license plate in one of them), I'm sure by next summer you'll be able to drive a car from Lingham to Cloyne. We could probably do that whole section in an hour the way it's groomed today. Next spring I may need to get some decently well equipped trucks together to go on a scouting mission for a new route. Maybe there is something on the Vannacher line (on the West side of 41) that we've never explored.

Stay tuned, this isn't over yet.

Don't change the route, just change the vehicle requirements to WRXs and EVOs and skip the camping stops ;)