Wabun Lake trail, Sept 27 or 28th

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
Ok, so i just noticed that Wabun Lake is scheduled to run this saturday. I was thinking it would be better to run it on Sunday. I will lead the trail.
I was also thinking that since Wabun is not a long trail and we are going all that way we could run Crag lake the front door if someone wants to lead that one.

Who's in for a sunday run?
It is stock friendly but be prepairded for a little rubbing, must have at least a rear tow point.

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
There was that one nasty hill climb that most had a hard time with. The ATV took a bypass but I don't remember if a truck could use it. The rest of the trail is fine, but stock trucks will need front tow hooks for sure in case they need to be towed up.

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
Good to know. Maybe this winter's project will be rating the trails in our Trails forum.

chunkytrunks

Club Member
I think it would be better for sunday. It's easier to get out on a sunday for most people.

As for trail rating i agree. Some trails that used to be stock are really getting too tough.

chunkytrunks

Club Member
Ok great. So we have decided on sunday. We will be meeting at Antrim at 9:30. I think Brad will be meeting at Zellars at 9:00 but maybe he can confirm that.
If you are late getting to the meeting spot go ahead to the next. You can give me a call on my cell at (613) 322-2899.
Make sure you pack a lunch and please no alcohol on the trails.
:smokin:

S

snippy

Turns out I can't make it, covering an on-call shift for a co-worker.

J

JeepJen

We're out. Pretty wiped today from inspecting the house and making lists of what need to be fixed and who is bringing what tools and what to shop for and what order to do it in... SPETIC FIRST... No one can go pee until we install an outlet baffel? The septic has been pumped, so it's empty now and we can do it ourselves :)
Oh yea and I took a pretty nasty spill trying to carry Ty down the steps. Had him at the bottom and I rolled so I didn't knock him over but my legs are pretty banged up. Oh and his family had to make fun of me the rest of the day. Fun times.

chunkytrunks

Club Member
Had a great run today. It was only Brad, Pete and myself. Pete broke something in his rear end on Wabun on the one rock opstical and had to park it for the rest of the day. We finished up there and then went to Craig. We ran the whole trail with only minor body damage. That is an awsome trail. Thanks Pete for spotting us the whole way.
:beer::beer:

chunkytrunks

Club Member
Great pics brad. It's definetly one of my favorites also, really technical takes allot of working it in my jeep. Wouldn't want to do it with a big group though.

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
Nice pics Brad, looks like a good day, sorry I couldn't make it something came up.

Dwayne
:beer:

Loco

I'd wheel it
I'm also sorry I had to bail. I'm having wiper issues right now and with rain in the forecast I did want to risk being stuck far from home with no visability :banghead:. Great pics though. Maybe next time.