$$Welder needed for Dana30 front axle job.

J

JKMurf

Is there anyone in the Kemptville/Ottawa area that could weld me a couple of gussets on the C's and reinforce the axle shaft on my Dana30 front axle? I'm running 35's now and want to avoid axle bending. I'd like to have something similar to the attached picture. If anyone is interested, name your price for labour and material and when you think it can be done. I have an 07 Wrangler JK.

Attachments

• gusset..jpg
    gusset..jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 44
Z

zuk4life

i have a good friend near you just out side merrickville . very good at fab ! give him a call his name is craig crawford 613 269 2898 anything from setitng up gears too roll cages, bumpers

blueguy

Jackstand Racer
...and reinforce the axle shaft on my Dana30 front axle? I'm running 35's now and want to avoid axle bending.

Are you meaning the axle tubes?

I wouldn't recommend (nor would I even know where to begin) trying to strengthen an axle shaft by welding.

blueguy

Jackstand Racer
That's what I figured - but the attached pic shows gusseted inner C's - which is also what he was looking to have done.....

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
If your going to add a truss to the axle to prevent bending, just run it from C to C to strengthen them as well rather than just adding a gusset to the inner C. It'll be a lot stronger in the long run, although it will be harder to fab up.

J

JKMurf

i have a good friend near you just out side merrickville . very good at fab ! give him a call his name is craig crawford 613 269 2898 anything from setitng up gears too roll cages, bumpers

Thanks, I will give Craig a call and see what he can do for me.