Welding Gas

Mini-T

Sasquatch
What size tank are you running? Rent or bought?

Right now I have a small tank from Air Liquid. About 2 feet tall with valve. I'm thinking about going to a bigger tank but I'm wondering if its worth it.

M

Morley

What size tank are you running? Rent or bought?

Right now I have a small tank from Air Liquid. About 2 feet tall with valve. I'm thinking about going to a bigger tank but I'm wondering if its worth it.

I got the taller one {Think it's 4ft} from BOC Gasses.
Recommend them=no
Reason = Expensive rental... 187$ a year for Argon co2 mix.

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
I bought the Q size tank from TSC a couple weeks ago when it was on sale for 10% off. About $200 reg price for the thank plus fill of about $40 IIRC
I think it is 85 cubic feet capacity.
No rentals to worry about and open much better hours (including Sunday :D )than BOC which have stupid short hours including closed at lunch.

Before I bought, I did the math to see when the bigger tank saved $$ and by the 4th exchange, I'm ahead of the game

R

Root Moose

I got the taller one {Think it's 4ft} from BOC Gasses.
Recommend them=no
Reason = Expensive rental... 187$ a year for Argon co2 mix.

Air Liquide is about the same price (FWIW).

Rip off IMO.

I'll be going the TSC route once my tank is empty.

misterclean12

I checked with BOC/Lindy off Micheal st. a few weeks ago and they said that the rentals were down drastically... 67$/year IIRC.

C

Cummins Land-Rover

TSC is Praxair... I looked into it and you can buy the tank at Praxair (for cheaper than TSC) but exchange it at TSC for convenience, which is what I am doing. The only issue is they only have small argon tanks. When you have a pig of a Tig like I do, it gets pretty ridiculous swapping out every two weeks. Anyone know who would rent or sell a big cylinder for Argon? They are telling me they can't od that anymore because they are illegal to transport unless you have dangerous goods endorsement.

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
Air Liquide is about the same price (FWIW).

Rip off IMO.

I'll be going the TSC route once my tank is empty.

Air Liquide is way cheaper, $61.75 for size 14 or 16, that's a 4 foot tank. Mine are due in June, I think I'll return them (oxy, acetylene, almig) and just get a mig tank from TSC, I don't use the oxy/acet often enough anymore.