Welding gases

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
What size tank to folks have, how long on average does it last, and where did you get it? Looking at mixed MiG gas at the moment, might consider a small oxy/acet setup as well down the line (have torches, no tanks).

junkpile

I bought mine originally at Praxair but switched to Linde for my refills (can't remember why) I think the tanks cost about $250 new, and are $58 to refill... They are the smaller tanks which are the only ones you can buy. The bigger sizes are rentals only and I believe you need a business#/GST# to get them. Depending on your gas flow, you can get two maybe three 10lbs spools of wire out of one tank of gas.the tanks measure about 24" tall to the base of the valve and about 6" diameter.

Last edited:

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
Tsc store is where I get mine.
They will sell you the tank then it's just an exchange process when it's empty.
Tsc also does sales on them often.

As for the gas, argon/ Co mix for steel with a mig.

I usually get a year or so on my tank. Hopefully 2 on This one since as I haven't done as much welding

You get a welder?
Your still welcome to borrow mine

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Tsc store is where I get mine.
They will sell you the tank then it's just an exchange process when it's empty.
Tsc also does sales on them often.

As for the gas, argon/ Co mix for steel with a mig.

I usually get a year or so on my tank. Hopefully 2 on This one since as I haven't done as much welding

You get a welder?
Your still welcome to borrow mine

Hobart 210, still waiting for it to show up. Probably going the TSC route for bottles since they are open later than most welding shops, and just as close.