What do you guys think

trukie

Zooklounge Crawler
Club Member
Looking to buy the Rubicon Express 4.5" Super-Flex lift and a 1.25" body lift/with 1" engine mount lift. Didn't really want to cut off the control arm mount for a long arm kit yet on my 06 Rubi just yet :D, maybe in the future.
Just wanted to get your input before I shell out the cash.

Also I figure the Rubi needs bigger tires if I epect it to the places my Sami will go on it's 31" swampers:lmao:.

Thanks All,
Jamie:beer:

S

Simon

Just keep in mind, the RE 4.5" springs will probably net you close to 6" depends what you've got up front in terms of bumper, winch etc. With a BL that's 7.25" of lift, enough to tuck 38's :heep:

bradleyfitz

Club Member
What size tire are you planning?

For 33's go with the 3.5 springs. For 35's, go with the 3.5 springs and the bl. A common practice to is to get the RE4.5 kit and switch the springs for the 3.5's, which is ample lift for 33's or 35's with a bl.

(I'm still running the RE4.5 with 3.5 springs ...)

trukie

Zooklounge Crawler
Club Member
The other option I was thinking was to save my pennies and wait to modify the suspension until I can afford a long arm kit. Anybody running the long arm kit from RE. What is the consensus on long arm vs. short arm kit. The Rubi will probably never be my DD. I have read alot of good things about the RE long arm kit. If I go this route and wait, the Sami will be my main trail ride:stir:.

Cheers, Jamie:beer:

Oh yeah, Brad I am thinking about running 35s.

Last edited: