Where to get *good* signal lights for bumper build

Function > Form

Club Member
Hey all, starting on a winch bumper very soon and don't think I want to keep my stock signal lights.

I had a peek at PA, but not sure I like what they have. At least, I'm not yet convinced.

What have you gents used in your builds?? I think I'd probably like to go with LEDs. Am I required to have the signal visible from the side?

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
Is there a style you are looking for? Or a certain spot you want to fill in? Cheapest way is probably with a trailer light from Grote. But there are a lot of companies that make a lot of different products that might work. Ive seen a lot of builds that use the 2" round light with the rubber grommet that gives it the flush look. You can also get the oval ones with the arrows if you want to get really fancy...lol

Function > Form

Club Member
Thanks [MENTION=3]Twinkie[/MENTION]
[MENTION=526]Logan[/MENTION], cool don't know why I didn't think of you guys. Eff that - definitely do not want arrow lights!!!!!! lolol

Flush, like these two sets would be ideal:

100_2220.jpg

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Those are Grote, or a Grote knock off. You should have no problem sourcing those through Logan.

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
I should be able to get those same day/next day. I actually have 2 of the round 2" ones here right now. You need 2 round, 2 oval?

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
as for the laws on lighting on the sides here is what ive found:
Parking lights
(20) A motor vehicle, other than a commercial motor vehicle, while standing upon a highway at the times that lights are required by this section for the vehicle may, in lieu of the lighting equipment specified in this section, show one light carried on the left side of the vehicle in such a manner as to be clearly visible to the front and rear for a distance of at least sixty metres and to show white to the front and red to the rear of the vehicle; provided that the light shall not be displayed while the motor vehicle is in motion. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 62 (20).

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
Ill send you a pm, cause there are several options depending what exactly you want.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Those are pretty nice, if not a bit blingy for me...I think those are only tails though.

And WOOF - $199!!! :eek:

They also had a reputation back in 2011-2013 to have LEDs burn out as they were the almost the only goto in the Jeep world for replacing rear taillights, but I think they must have fixed their problems as I haven't heard of any issues since.