Question Who are the stupid people?!?

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
ATTN all Hotmail, Outlook.com, Live, and whatever other Microsoft owned domains are out there. One, or many, of you are taking your forum emails and marking them as SPAM, thus getting the server on M$'s block list. This causes all emails to MS domains to bounce, and people who do want notifications to not get them.
So quit being stupid, and just turn off notifications if you don't want them. Actually, I can easily do that for the domains in question....

Currently I have the forum not...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Fin

I haven't seen these in forever and just started coming in again into my domain. Whatever filter list you cleared off, it worked global.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Well, what I found was a few things. The server was trying to send 1000's of emails to my account for months, due to stuck email test. I managed to get that cleaned up, then saw that the server was being rejected by Microsoft domains, so I now have it sending via my email server instead of being sent directly from the web server itself, it should be a little more reliable this way.
Not sure why your domain started working, I didn't do anything specific for it. Let's see if you get this email.... I'll watch the logs for a success message.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Code:
relay=mx01.1and1.com[74.208.5.21]:25, delay=5.1, delays=0.26/0.08/4.4/0.35, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 Requested mail action okay, completed: id=1MMWp1-1lLf5o3ii7-00JYM2)

It liked your domain still. :)

Fin

Yup, worked fine. Always good when more things fix than you expected. I now get a digest of activities.
Nice job.

leg0man

I just got a "What's new at OVO" email, found it in my hotmail spam folder, but I never flagged OVO as spam - MS just sorted it there on its own. I've un-flagged it, so maybe future emails will go to inbox instead.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
I just got a "What's new at OVO" email, found it in my hotmail spam folder, but I never flagged OVO as spam - MS just sorted it there on its own. I've un-flagged it, so maybe future emails will go to inbox instead.
Thank you for doing that. Hotmail will actually use that in their algorithm in the future.

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
Ive clicked not spam on so much stuff.. Still goes into spam, or I stop receiving it. Havnt seen an OVO email in a long time though.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
@Logan , I don't see the server trying to send you emails. Do you have email enabled in your Preferences?

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
I replied to the thread, no email attempt to you, so you don't have email notifications enabled.

1619009650958.png

The big question is, did @Function > Form get the email notice?