sawzall makes engine/trans removal much easier! there was more rust and bondo then steel....
one stripped screw made this a nightmare, worst part so far......removing wiring harness gets a VERY close second
undid one top bolt, second bolt snapped.. from there I just ripped the door off by hand, more bondo and rust.
havn't been home 6 weekends in a row now, but have made a little progress.....
the long wheel base is in the garage, about a month ago..
cowl and windshield frame are toast.
hood is shot
got the yellow frame with the purchase of the LWB & hood off custy
last night and this morning I got the front sprung over, drive shaft spacer in, shocks hooked up.... I havn't got longer brake lines yet so you'll see two sets of calipers in there to keep the system closed.
Yes, one of the first to swap out the 1.3 and the only one I ever saw with the Swift motor in it.
The picture on the front page of his site was taken by me at Suzican around 9 years ago. That's what happens when you don't watch where you are backing up! Lol
time came to make some room and there was nothing good left on crusty so off it went!
before anyone says "I coulda used this or that off that sami" she was toast!
that is not black paint, it is undercoating, spray tar, covering riveted patches of tin, there are snow fence posts welded under the patches as cross members holding the sides together, that door is rotten underneath,mirror is broken, axles out......even the leaf springs had been welded back together, all of them, some at both ends!
looking back the only thing I forgot was the coil on the fire wall, but I have a few.. oh and the bungies holding the rotten hood on!
well life has gotten in the way the last month or so....but I have a little progress to report to show I have not givin up!
-broken drivers seat out
-new rear flex lines in
-hard top removed & sold
-soft top test fitting
-fender flares on
Thats looking good, I love the long wheel base. I painted my Sami tintop with the tan rattle can camo from Canadian Tire. If I remember correctly it took 9 cans with two coats. Its been about two years since I painted it, faded a little from sitting outside and it's been banged off tree's and pin striped but held up pretty good considering
I had some time in the garage so I cut off the back to give me more clearance, then noticed I could flip the corners and weld the right side on the left and vise versa.....then cut a decent section out of my tailgate and weld it in the middle.
this would give me a solid back end, continue the body lines and good rads on the corners!
the floor and frame rails will be trimmed back once I figure out what I need.
I know this is the never ending thread but it keeps me motivated, I feel like I have to do some work so I can update the thread....plus looking back at the older pics reminds me how far its come and how clean my garage is now!