89 samurai build

MOX

Club Member
frame and tub on its way to a new home, kept the axles, last night pulled the dash from other doner, spring fever is getting close.....
on trailer.jpgwheels.jpgdash out.jpg

Last edited:

MOX

Club Member
sawzall makes engine/trans removal much easier! there was more rust and bondo then steel....
040720132341.jpg
one stripped screw made this a nightmare, worst part so far......removing wiring harness gets a VERY close second :mad:
041620132376.jpg
undid one top bolt, second bolt snapped.. from there I just ripped the door off by hand, more bondo and rust.
041620132377.jpg

MOX

Club Member
another engine and transmission out....got a good pile of parts going:glasses:
engine out.jpg

MOX

Club Member
progressed has stopped, buddies 40th, then a bachelor party, then spring fever, then a wedding....may is going to leave me broke and hung over.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
progressed has stopped, buddies 40th, then a bachelor party, then spring fever, then a wedding....may is going to leave me broke and hung over.

Doesn't sound like you'll have any time to be hungover - just drunk :beer:

Looking forward to seeing this one done.

MOX

Club Member
havn't been home 6 weekends in a row now, but have made a little progress.....
the long wheel base is in the garage, about a month ago..
lwb arrives.jpg
cowl and windshield frame are toast.
cowlwindshiledrust.jpg
hood is shot
hood rust.jpg
got the yellow frame with the purchase of the LWB & hood off custy
new hood.jpg
last night and this morning I got the front sprung over, drive shaft spacer in, shocks hooked up.... I havn't got longer brake lines yet so you'll see two sets of calipers in there to keep the system closed.
spoa.jpg

Conestoga

If you're looking for longer brake lines this website has some great info. http://xfaktor.net

Also tons of other useful Suzuki/Toyo/GM/Jeep stuff. Pretty sure it was put together by a Quebec fella that runs with the PJF guys

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
If you're looking for longer brake lines this website has some great info. http://xfaktor.net

Also tons of other useful Suzuki/Toyo/GM/Jeep stuff. Pretty sure it was put together by a Quebec fella that runs with the PJF guys

Yes, one of the first to swap out the 1.3 and the only one I ever saw with the Swift motor in it.
The picture on the front page of his site was taken by me at Suzican around 9 years ago. That's what happens when you don't watch where you are backing up! Lol

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

MOX

Club Member
time came to make some room and there was nothing good left on crusty so off it went!
before anyone says "I coulda used this or that off that sami" she was toast!
that is not black paint, it is undercoating, spray tar, covering riveted patches of tin, there are snow fence posts welded under the patches as cross members holding the sides together, that door is rotten underneath,mirror is broken, axles out......even the leaf springs had been welded back together, all of them, some at both ends!
looking back the only thing I forgot was the coil on the fire wall, but I have a few.. oh and the bungies holding the rotten hood on!

bye bye crusty.jpgbye bye 2.jpgbye bye 3.jpg

Last edited:

MOX

Club Member
little more progress, traded parts for wheel spacers! and hooked up breeze bar.
wheel spacers.jpg

used left side spring plate flipped on right, and vice versa so shock mounts still work!
shockmount.jpg

next week buying flex lines for the brakes then on to pulling the third 1.3 this year :lmao: and putting in the complete one I know works! :beer:

MOX

Club Member
finished the spoa, wheel spacers, wheels back on - starting to look like something fun!
lifted.jpg

still need to do motor swap and sort out wiring.

MOX

Club Member
well life has gotten in the way the last month or so....but I have a little progress to report to show I have not givin up!
-broken drivers seat out
-new rear flex lines in
-hard top removed & sold
-soft top test fitting
-fender flares on
progress.jpg

Conestoga

Thats looking good, I love the long wheel base. I painted my Sami tintop with the tan rattle can camo from Canadian Tire. If I remember correctly it took 9 cans with two coats. Its been about two years since I painted it, faded a little from sitting outside and it's been banged off tree's and pin striped but held up pretty good considering

MOX

Club Member
motor and trans in, not hooked up yet but in!!! ;) nice to have that floor space back too!
motorgoingin.jpgmotrin.jpg

MOX

Club Member
I had some time in the garage so I cut off the back to give me more clearance, then noticed I could flip the corners and weld the right side on the left and vise versa.....then cut a decent section out of my tailgate and weld it in the middle.
this would give me a solid back end, continue the body lines and good rads on the corners!
the floor and frame rails will be trimmed back once I figure out what I need.
bob1.jpgbob2.jpgbob3.jpgbob4.jpgbob5.jpg

MOX

Club Member
I know this is the never ending thread but it keeps me motivated, I feel like I have to do some work so I can update the thread....plus looking back at the older pics reminds me how far its come and how clean my garage is now!;)

nov 2013.jpg