Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Yes, but it doesn't work very well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

MOX

Club Member
well, i am at a temporary stand still .....
i am getting 2 samurai's off a member here next week, one long wheel base and one short.... now i am thinking of using the hangers i made to inboard the front leaves on the LWB, use my good complete drive train, rims & tires along with the 3" lift springs and rear locker. also i will have extra calipers and rotors to switch the rear.
this will go together much faster and be functional for spring fever...in my head anyway:glasses:

i could do the same stuff to the SWB if it is a better candidate... have to see next week.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
LWB chassis would need new driveshafts, no? Most folks end up stretching their wheelbase anyway, I think the LWB would make a better platform, and a little more unique.

EDIT: driveshaft - I presume it would just need a longer rear d-shaft and the front and jack-shaft from trans to t-case would be the same. I only ever dealt with SWB stuff.

szabotage

if your looking for a power steering setup, i got a toyota pump and reservoir. also got a couple of toy gearboxes. one is mounted out of the frame and the other in. the 'in' frame box has a custom pitman that fits suzuki tierods. if interested i can sell as a full set or as bits n pieces.

MOX

Club Member
if your looking for a power steering setup, i got a toyota pump and reservoir. also got a couple of toy gearboxes. one is mounted out of the frame and the other in. the 'in' frame box has a custom pitman that fits suzuki tierods. if interested i can sell as a full set or as bits n pieces.

so far my plan is to run sidekick power steering, but i will keep you in mind!:beer:

szabotage

cool let me know. now that u mention it, i think i have a kick ps box/pump if that's the route u wanna go but i would highly suggest u go toyota. it'll be the same amount of fabrication to install one as a kick box and can be used with a kick pump easily. it's way stronger, less turns of the steering wheel to reach full crank, easier to find at the local junkyards, and when the time comes when u wann upgrade your axles, it'll be one less thing to do over again. basically toyota is the last box you will ever install on a sammi before u go full hydro.

MOX

Club Member
cool let me know. now that u mention it, i think i have a kick ps box/pump if that's the route u wanna go but i would highly suggest u go toyota. it'll be the same amount of fabrication to install one as a kick box and can be used with a kick pump easily. it's way stronger, less turns of the steering wheel to reach full crank, easier to find at the local junkyards, and when the time comes when u wann upgrade your axles, it'll be one less thing to do over again. basically toyota is the last box you will ever install on a sammi before u go full hydro.
i was under the impression i just had to machine an angeld shim that would have mounting holes for the kick box... i didn't think there was any other fabricating??? i'm not at that point yet, ill read up on it. thanks for the heads up!:beer:

szabotage

yup. one of the holes lines up and the other two need to be drilled and sleeved. same as a yota box one of em lines up and the 2 others drilled. one thing i forgot to mention was that the toy box is mounted to the outside of the frame so if you wanted to swap to a bigger radiator, there won't be a ps box in the way

MOX

Club Member
feelin good for spring fever, three weeks in the garage and i'm ready to get rid of this parts sami and bring in the actual build vehicle!!
drive train out & a box O parts to keep me on the road :D
box O parts.jpgheart trans.jpg

MOX

Club Member
couple whiskies, midnight friday, readin hot rod magazine..... lets try to paint scallops on crusty:clue:
mask.jpgscallop1.jpgscallops2.jpg

MOX

Club Member
Sweet! Stencil?
No I just eye balled with painters tape I had in the garage and the rads are the inside and outside of the roll of tape:stir:
I had some rattle cans in the garage so I sprayed a little black then blue over top.... Total half hour!